dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: I need startup capitol!

  1. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    welcome to the second page..
    please post below

  2. #22
    http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    135
    Originally posted by vampstko

    look smarta$$ not everything is porn...sheesh...is that all you think i do..i actually have more mainstream sites then adult content (the preferred term) right now.. the only thing you need is to keep paying to get into my sites and too start downloading some gas from TiefighT.....online gas pumps..genious
    Sorry vamps I apologize if I offended you, however I have seen countless posts, where when anything remotely relates to Adult Entertainment, someone says "ask vampstko".

    I again apologize, I was under the mis-impression that your job was solely the creation, design, maintenance, programming etc. of adult content websites, and was unaware of your other mainstream sites. I'm sorry that I had the wrong idea.

    Tiefight good guess but no, not online gas pumps

  3. #23
    flipshark I am curious as to what exactly you will need the investment money for. Will it be used to make the scripts and database programs needed for the site? Will the company have real and hired employess that you will need to pay? will it need an excessive amount of hosting and mabye even a few dedicated servers? There is usually a way to do something online with minimal of capital, if you tell us more of what your idea is we may be able to help you out.

  4. #24
    Senior Member SJT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,563
    And then steal it, muahahahaha

    (j/k)

  5. #25
    Banned vampstko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    946
    Originally posted by flipshark
    Originally posted by vampstko

    look smarta$$ not everything is porn...sheesh...is that all you think i do..i actually have more mainstream sites then adult content (the preferred term) right now.. the only thing you need is to keep paying to get into my sites and too start downloading some gas from TiefighT.....online gas pumps..genious
    Sorry vamps I apologize if I offended you, however I have seen countless posts, where when anything remotely relates to Adult Entertainment, someone says "ask vampstko".

    I again apologize, I was under the mis-impression that your job was solely the creation, design, maintenance, programming etc. of adult content websites, and was unaware of your other mainstream sites. I'm sorry that I had the wrong idea.

    Tiefight good guess but no, not online gas pumps
    no worries i do have other clients http://www.******************.com/design.htm some are here.... the reason everyone says ask vampstko when it comes to porn is simply 2 reasons
    1. They wish they had my job ..its tuff looking at fine women
    2. They wish they had my job ..its tuff looking at fine women


    apology accepted

  6. #26
    http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    135
    Originally posted by Elite_Flash_man
    flipshark I am curious as to what exactly you will need the investment money for. Will it be used to make the scripts and database programs needed for the site? Will the company have real and hired employess that you will need to pay? will it need an excessive amount of hosting and mabye even a few dedicated servers? There is usually a way to do something online with minimal of capital, if you tell us more of what your idea is we may be able to help you out.
    Basically, I can't tell you what the site would be, well not yet anyway because right now someone could steal my idea.

    however I have given a detailed description of what sort of software I would need and what it would have to do to Oracle and the have quoted me a minimum price of $100 000 USD ($150 000 CAD), and that is before having it implemented, hosted, etc. Not to mention for security reasons I would probably need my own servers.

  7. #27
    Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Stellenbosch, South Africa
    Posts
    561
    Originally posted by flipshark
    IMO my idea is on about the same ground as the first person who said "I wonder what would happen if I uploaded porn to the internet and let other people download it"
    OMG there's porn on the internet. I'm always the last to know

  8. #28
    Information Architect Subway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4,779
    In Switzerland we have: http://www.businessangels.ch/

    You just need a very good idea, a basic business plan and then this "angels" will help you make a really great business plan and get the money.

    Maybe there's something like that in your region.

    Fredi

  9. #29
    Moderator CNO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    3,446
    I know of a good street corner in San Jose where you can look for venture capital. Why, just the other day me and my cardboard sign raised a buck-fifty in VC! Though if that damned sock puppet dog doesn't stop singing...

  10. #30
    This way In
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    253
    So... you need $500,000 in VC? huh.. your probably (and this might sound crazy) going to need to tell someone the idea first.

    Is it sandwiches? online sandwiches? is it? no?

  11. #31
    Why not try getting some investors?

  12. #32
    http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    135
    I have told a few people the idea, those I have had only very positive things to say. I've told friends, family, and a software developer at oracle (to find out if it was doable)

    I posted this for some ideas on where to get the VC, not asking the people on FK for it.

  13. #33
    This way In
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    253
    If it is as good as an idea as you say it is, then surely the bank will loan you the money?

    If not, try going to the big dev houses, and getting them to develop it for a share of the stock...

  14. #34
    Juvenile Delinquent CVO Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Ulster, UK
    Posts
    520
    I don't know where you're from but if you're i the UK then visit LEDU.

    BY THE WAY, IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE BIG-TIME, DON'T FORGET ABOUT US POOR FK'ers

  15. #35
    What did you ask the guys at Oracle for? Was it for a script and database that you needed? If so, I'm sure you could get it done for cheaper, I'm just curious what the money is needed for. Servers, even like ten (enough for most anything) will cost you no where near even $100,000, or you could have someone else host it (I'm sure there are very secure places.), and a script shouldn't cost you that much, mabye Oracle is just ripping you off.

  16. #36
    Griffhiggins 2.2 clifgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Your Bathroom! Bwahahaha!
    Posts
    1,383
    Exactly what I was thinking...that's why I'm guessing it is product based.

    Tell you one thing...the bank isn't going to give anyone 500k...even if it is the greatest idea ever. They aren't venture capital institutions...they only loan when they think they can get the money back...and more.

    Clif

  17. #37
    http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    135
    Originally posted by Elite_Flash_man
    What did you ask the guys at Oracle for? Was it for a script and database that you needed? If so, I'm sure you could get it done for cheaper, I'm just curious what the money is needed for. Servers, even like ten (enough for most anything) will cost you no where near even $100,000, or you could have someone else host it (I'm sure there are very secure places.), and a script shouldn't cost you that much, mabye Oracle is just ripping you off.
    Actually I researched beforehand and expected a much more expensive cost. As for the software I can't go into it's functions but yes this would be just for the software, script and database, itself.

  18. #38
    Originally posted by flipshark
    Originally posted by Elite_Flash_man
    What did you ask the guys at Oracle for? Was it for a script and database that you needed? If so, I'm sure you could get it done for cheaper, I'm just curious what the money is needed for. Servers, even like ten (enough for most anything) will cost you no where near even $100,000, or you could have someone else host it (I'm sure there are very secure places.), and a script shouldn't cost you that much, mabye Oracle is just ripping you off.
    Actually I researched beforehand and expected a much more expensive cost. As for the software I can't go into it's functions but yes this would be just for the software, script and database, itself.
    I am sure amazon and ebay's backend scripting stuff costs way over 100k, so I doubt that is a rip off. I run a game site, and some single games run 10k/yr for licensing fee, plus you still got the branding fee and other stuff...so see...stuff can be expensive.

    I would ask your lawyer for some good places to get VC, I would imagine he/she knows of a few good ones.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center