dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: bending a radial gradient fill ??

Hi,
    This is probably something really simple but I just can't do it!
    I've drawn a circle, deleted the outline and changed the fill to an off-centre radial gradient to give it that sphere effect. I then scaled it out sideways to make it into an oval.
    What I want to do now is to bend the ends of the oval upwards like a banana - how do I do it? And if it IS possible, can it be tweened?
    thanks

Use the arrow tool(solid black one) and move it towards the object. It will show an arc underneath it. If you push on the object, you can change it's shape.

If you want to tween it; have the oval in frame 1 make another keyrame say in frame 10 and change the shape in that frame. Then somewhere between frame 2 and 9 right click and select motion tween. You should now have a blue background with a solid arrow. If the arrow is broken just go back to frame 1 and group the object(CTL g) and do the same in frame 10.

Taz

Thanks Taz
    although the black arrow didn't work, I tried the white one (I'm using Flash 5) and it gave me a number of drag handles round the perimeter of the shape and I think that's going to work splendidly!

Cody

Surprised the black arrow did not work. I have flash 5 and it works for me. If you move over the object it turns to a move tool. Works if you have your arrow away from the object and then as you approach it, it has the arc shape underneath the arrow.

As long as the white arrow worked that's great.

Taz

oops!
    you were right - the black arrow DOES work but not when the fill is selected ...
    heehee *ashamed*