A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2 questions...

Lightbulb

Hey good people of flash kit....I have 2 questions, help on any of them would be much apreciated.

First off, I am creating an intro/teaser to a web site that comes up as a pop-up window and plays for 30 seconds. After the intro plays I want the window to close. Is there any way to do this via actionscript, or javascript? If so, could you please give me a simple run down...i know flash fairly well, but am an idiot when it comes to programming.

Secondly, I am trying to figure out how to make the browser window shake using the tutorial from this site however I don't know what to do with the code on this page: http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Sp...-7/more3.shtml

Any assistance would be much appreciated....

thanks and good day.
    7c

Hey, Sevencents.

To close the window you can write a brief javaScript script in the head section of the HTML file that holds the movie, something like:
    <script>
    function close_me(){
    window.close();
    }
    </script>

Then on the last line of the movie add an action that uses getURL(javascript:close_me()) There might be a native Flash command to do this, but I haven't used it before.

To shake the browser, you'll need to do the same as above, copying that script into the head section of the HTML page holding the movie. Then, when you want the browser to shake, call the function as above.

hth
    japangreg