dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Why is there a man in a train, dead, with a package?

  1. #21
    Retired Mod aversion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    insomnia
    Posts
    7,917
    Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    I'm a good lateral thinker. I got this one -

    15. You have three lights in a box, each of which is connected to a switch outside the box. The box is closed. You need to figure out which switch to corresponds to which light and you can open the box only once (and you can't manipulate the switches after you open the box). How do you do this?

    Go ahead, ask me yes/no questions. I CAN TAKE IT, LETS GO!!
    hehe I know this one, this is probably one of the bes 'logic' puzzles because it doesn't require anything that isn't there, the answer is within everyone's grasp whether you're thinking about parachutes or not.

    if you know it keep quiet.





  2. #22
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799
    Oh yeah? E-mail it to me. We shall see, we shall see.

  3. #23
    Moonlight shadow asheep_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,010
    Smash the box open?

    TE

  4. #24
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799
    No. How would that help anyway? Well that's not lateral thinking, that's horizontal

  5. #25
    Retired Mod aversion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    insomnia
    Posts
    7,917
    Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    Oh yeah? E-mail it to me. We shall see, we shall see.
    hehe, I know it, I can give it away if you want

    The original I heard was that the light was in a room, and the three swicthes were outside, you could turn two of them on and off, then enter the room and you had to say which switch was the one that operated the bulb. It took me a little while to figure it out though, then you get that eureka effect



  6. #26
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799
    Jerk....

    Yeah, you heard me.

    You didn't even have the guts to answer the RIGHT QUESTION!


  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,053
    virgo... i emailed you...

    i think i figured it out

  8. #28
    Retired Mod aversion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    insomnia
    Posts
    7,917
    Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    Jerk....

    Yeah, you heard me.

    You didn't even have the guts to answer the RIGHT QUESTION!

    you want to explain it? I will.


  9. #29
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799
    Is my above post the reason for my footer threatning?

  10. #30
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799

    Well...

    As for the lack of intrest, you mine as well explain it. I'm sure it will make you happy (and might get me off the hook )

  11. #31
    Retired Mod aversion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    insomnia
    Posts
    7,917
    I don't get your above post at all, why the jerk, why the wrong question? I wasn't answering any question!

    it's been a long weekend, maybe one of us is still drunk.

    and no, footer threatening is because I'm gettign hassled by other people about it.


    solution


    flick on one switch, leave it for half an hour. Come back turn it off, switch on another switch, walk into room/open box. If bulb is on it's the last switch you turned on. If bulb is off and cold it's the switch you didn't turn on or off. If bulb is warm and off it's the switch you left on for half an hour.


  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,053
    yeeeaaaa i got it right

  13. #33
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799
    Well, my accusation either means I'm drunk my other twins drunk, or your drunk.

    And I'm in deep crap, because now your drunk. Wait, I mean your angry.

    Which means, I need a new footer, soon.

  14. #34
    http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    135
    Here's another (you probably heard it before)

    A man walks into a store, he proceeds to inquire about the price of a certain product.

    The man asks the clerk, "how much will two cost??"

    The clerk replies, "$2.00"

    The man then asks, "how much will ten cost"

    The clerk replies, "$4.00"

    Then the man asks, "How much will ten thousand four hundred and fifty six cost??"

    The clerk thinks for a moment, then replies, "$10"

    What was the man buying??

  15. #35
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799
    Methinks that is a tough one.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1,053
    gaaaah....

  17. #37
    Originally posted by flipshark
    Here's another (you probably heard it before)

    A man walks into a store, he proceeds to inquire about the price of a certain product.

    The man asks the clerk, "how much will two cost??"

    The clerk replies, "$2.00"

    The man then asks, "how much will ten cost"

    The clerk replies, "$4.00"

    Then the man asks, "How much will ten thousand four hundred and fifty six cost??"

    The clerk thinks for a moment, then replies, "$10"

    What was the man buying??
    We are allowed to say that on a G rated forum :bigeyes: I actually knew that answere but forgot...


    Okay heres one, if a tree falls in a forest and there ISa sound but noone is around...how did I know there was a sound, and since I have proven there is a sound, can I still train monkeys to wash windows??

  18. #38
    Not PWD ViRGo_RK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    1,799
    of course, monkies are highly trainable.

  19. #39
    That is the worst lateral thinking puzzle ever! (first one). Lateral thinking puzzles are supposed to seem confusing and insolvable at first, but the answers reveals it to have quite a logical solution. But this one is so stupid, and a lot of other more simple answers are available that make a lot more sense. For example, the could have simply died of natural causes or was killed, and simply had a package with him on the train like most people do when on a train! So that one sucks, there doesn't seem anything to solve at first, I mean, a guy was dead on the train, with a package, ok, big deal, like that can't happen??? What's to solve???

  20. #40
    Originally posted by Elite_Flash_man
    That is the worst lateral thinking puzzle ever! (first one). Lateral thinking puzzles are supposed to seem confusing and insolvable at first, but the answers reveals it to have quite a logical solution. But this one is so stupid, and a lot of other more simple answers are available that make a lot more sense. For example, the could have simply died of natural causes or was killed, and simply had a package with him on the train like most people do when on a train! So that one sucks, there doesn't seem anything to solve at first, I mean, a guy was dead on the train, with a package, ok, big deal, like that can't happen??? What's to solve???
    DUDE! Lay off the caffiene

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center