dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] How to do BLUE SCREEN TECHNOLOGY in Flash?

Hi all,

I'm working for a Tube fitting company and my Client want to have some video files of their products in their Flash presentation.

One of the person of their company will introduce their product exactly the way a 'Television VJ' does. (Actually my client is not a technical person but he'd seen such things somewhere and now he's insisting me to do the same). He gonna shoot some scenes [sequences] displaying their products and he wants that when he raise the product up in their video, some text should appear on screen, some arrow directions should be seen (Which I gonna do in Flash). And also some screens motion or some animations should go on playing on background behind that host.(As we normally see in MTV and V Channels programmes, where the 'VJ' host the programmes and some animation(motion on screen) plays behind him.)

I heard of some "BLUE SCREEN TECHNOLOGY" works here, where they shoot two scenes differently and afterwards they merge it together.

What I thought of doing is to import the video file in Flash and then adding the text and animations at particular places. But I dont know how I can get the VHS records in Flash and how I can delete the background of the video so that I can add some animations.

I hope that's enough to explain you all.

Please help as soon as possible...........

Ok, heres the thing: When you work with video either tv or multimedia you work in rgb (red - green - blue) wich is why you allways see a green background when they shoot the escene, they reccomend to use green or blue,(they are the easier color to eliminate for the computer) because of the contrast.
    Ok now if you want to do that you would have to find one of those backgrounds, and it should be in a specific color, dont know the exact amount of the mix, but i can find out if you insist on doing this -i would love to see the result- the way to accomplish this is to get the digitall video and use a software to eliminate the background, i know for sure that final cut does that, and think -not sure- that adobe after effects can do that also, now here`s the thing. . i would reccomend to do the animation for the "new" background in also a video software like after effects, and export that as a .avi or whatever you want to use. .
    Embedd it in your flash presentation and that`s it... Warning. You are getting in a new and complicated poject ok???
    But its possible to do, however you will allways need a 3rd party help. . and im not sure but i think it`s possible to do tha background on flash . . have to check . . i did that once but if i tell you how i think you will cry. . its horrible.

Anyways hope that was helpfull in any way. .
    Good question!!!!

Upsss forgot about the VHS video, that . . you would have to find someone that is able to digitalize -not sure about how to spell that word. .i dont have a very good english- from a VHS tape, im guessing that with a super VHS and a good video capture card there should be no prob.
    Yes. . also a good pc something like a dual 1gz mac g4 would be great. .je je
    Anyways cant you record with a minidv cam??? that way you wont lose any digitall quality in the process of downloading your video!!!
    You allways loose quality any other way. . .

If the video was not shot against a green screen. You can mask it in AfterEffect. Either way you will have to digitize as mentioned above. We do this kind of stuff all the time but its labor intensive if you want to do a good job.

I recomend you check out Ultimatte.com very good for composting video and I think Pinnacle has one called commotion pro thats good for this type stuff. in the end though if you didnt shoot with this in mind your going to have to do if frame by frame.

Good luck
    jp

Good to see that you people replied..

Actually phreakdevil, My client gonna shoot video using simple recording camera (VHS tape) and I gonna give it to the person (Who converts VHS tape to CD) agreeing that he'll make that in .avi format. And as you said I think it is possible using After Effect where I can eliminate the background and put some other animations as required. As I never tried Final Cut pro, but will go with that too. But I'm quite confused about your recommendation of using aftereffect video background as .avi format. Please Clear.

<<<i did that once but if i tell you how i think you will cry. . its horrible.>>>
    I would like to hear your idea of doing such techniques if you can share with me. Atleast I'll get an idea about what sort of work it is and can be used in some way or the other. I'll show my final results to all of you interested.

Wanna get in touch personally....
    vickymustdie@indiatimes.com

----------------------------------------------------------

Well whiterabbit

Thanks for replying. But can you explain me the way you do masking in Aftereffect as I'm not very good in AF. Otherwise kindly suggest me any website where I can check such techniques (Masking in AE).

In After Effects you mask by the same tool as you have to make paths in photoshop. If there is alot of movement you have to draw each frame...like what we did below, its just tracing around the image with the path tool, try to avoid doing this, your wrist wont be happy.

http://www.mantaproductions.com/demo.html

click on the "full screen" link, (you need broadband)

This video was shot against a white wall because we lost our location at the last moment.

Ultimatte has what I think is the best software but keying in video is never going to be an easy job.

Commotion Pro uses another method for drawing masks, I think more similar to the way you draw in Flash along with some powefull tools to sample and help remove backgrounds. I am considring picking this up myself.

Portable green screens or paint can be purchased from bhphoto.com this will help only if you know how to light it. The idea is to light evenly not brightly and the foreground (your talent) should be at the same brightness as your background.

Put as much distance between the bkg and the talent because of light spill over, (if you dont get the lighting just right) you get a visible edge haze. Most of the softwares have suppression logic to help remove this but from experience you really need to light as well as possible.

I dont envy you...charge alot !

Agree with him, it may get really dificult, however it`s `possible, what i said about how i did it is allready explained: once i had a client who wanted this, and allready had the footage of the talent in a green background, but the lighting wasnt right and the person who shot this didnt direct the talent well, so i had to do it frame by frame with the path tool and draw each one of the frames in order to eliminate the background, that`s as bad as it can gets. . .
    Any help i can give. . ask.
    Good luck.

What did you edit this in?
    Im looking to by that screen, and the lights for this...
    Id like to just buy a white one, and be finished with it...
    know where I can get the lights and screen?
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm