A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An aesthetically very advanced site...

Nice.

I really like it, very simple and elegant. I am not a big fan of pinkish purple, but I like the orange in how in was integrated with the pictures.

Colors are good...very "comfy" feel to it. But more than that..I am not impressed. Not saying the site isnt good..just not very stimulating to me. I only design 100% FLASH....and as for updating FLASH sites....MX has aLOT of features where this is NOT only achievable..but EASIER than ever.

HTML is boring...and very constricting. (even with CSS)
    I really hate seing the whole page reload anyways..lol

-whispers-

nice site, didn't like the mouseover glow that much tho.
    html with flash are still very useful for large amounts of content. especially when you want good quality photos, and until flash can be exported to keep the quality the same as that of a jpeg in html, these hybrids can still be quite useful.

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    Originally posted by stevietat2
    html with flash are still very useful for large amounts of content. especially when you want good quality photos, and until flash can be exported to keep the quality the same as that of a jpeg in html, these hybrids can still be quite useful.

I agree with your argument about hybrid sites, in general. But not with the point about the quality of JPG files imported into flash. For, Flash MX allows you to set individual compression/quality rate for each JPG image you import. So, if the quality of a particular imgae is essential for you, you can set it manually.

Vahagn

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    Originally posted by mikaelian
    Originally posted by stevietat2

I agree with your argument about hybrid sites, in general. But not with the point about the quality of JPG files imported into flash. For, Flash MX allows you to set individual compression/quality rate for each JPG image you import. So, if the quality of a particular imgae is essential for you, you can set it manually.

Vahagn
    Flash 5 also allows you to set the individual compression rates of jpgs, flash in no way limits the quality of images used in projects, this is down to the designers choice of setting.

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    Yes, sorry, Flsh 5 allows it, too (and in fact that segment of Flash 5 looks the same as Flash MX). I typed "MX" by accident...
    :-(

don't think its that great of a site...pretty boring and slow (in loading those links).

one function I have yet to see on a 100% flash site is a search engin for the contents of the site, can this be done? i have not seen it on any flash sites, maybe im not looking hard enough.

any way with this feature lacking in flash, html will still remain.

If im wrong in this, pleas feal free to point me to some tutorials on how to do it in flash.

As for the site, its ok, I dont know about the rest of u but I had to strain my eyes to read the text, which was anoying.

Busy doing nothing Boris the Frog's Avatar
    this site has nice colours and inoffensive navigation but the rest of it is rather dull.
    Also what is with the alignment?

guys, this thread is over 3 years old...

I thought this site was a pointless hybrid. This site has no need for flash and its use here doesn't make the design look any better (or worse) May just as well been an html-only site.

The colours are a bit ugly, and the only thing that makes the site in the slightest bit interesting is a photograph in the background. I am a strong believer that photographs shouldn't make a site on their own, they should be a part of an overall design. A photograph and about 6 gradients is a joke.

Closed. This is very old and critiqueing the site hardly seems worth it considering how much has changed in the last three years.