A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: making room in the root movie to insert preloader

Hi all
    This is my problem:
    I have a movie of around 700 frames and 40 layers. I want to insert a preloader (that is only 4 frames and 4 layers) at the beginning of the timeline. So what I want is to move everything in my movie 4 frames to the right so that there is room for the preloader.
    I've tried selecting all and dragging it, inserting 4 blank keyframes in each layer and some more things but most of the times the frames got altered.
    Does anyone know any method to do this quick and easily?
    (if not I will muster my patience and try to do the whole thing manually...)
    I know, I'm a newbie
    Thanks

Wow! That's allot of layers my friend..

Anyways to your question, Add a scene and name it preloader, put it before scene 1 in the scene box...Now put your preloader frames in the preloader scene.. Have it so that after everything has loaded it will goto and play scene 1 frame1..

hope this helps

yeah with Modify Scene , just drag the new new scene up, and it will come before your main movie.

Thanks guys, shame on me for not knowing that...(i'll divide big files into scenes from now on)
    Now, I have a minor problem:
    When my preloader reachs 100% it stops and a button appears so that the user clicks on it to view the loaded movie. I know the action I should add to that button should be something like

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay ("nameofmymovie");
    }

The problem is that I can't add any action when editing the button, nor when I try to add the action to the frame that contains the button. You know what I mean? The actions are greyed out and I can't paste it either. Please, help again...

On the main movie where your button is, right click the button and then do the action that way.. It should look like this

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay("Scene 1", 1);
    }

thank you prophet!