A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A magazine Cover needs some quick review

Hey guys i made this cover for my school class magazine i want some review about it and can u pls suggest me the best way to print out the covers without loosing it's quality Thanks

I like it- its very warm and the colors are great - Id probably work on the text layout a bIt more especially the 'We have...' as it doesnt sit too well at the moment - maybe reduce the spacing. Also I'd consider another font for the date.

A

Thanks for the nice review i will work on it more to make look some what good

Great layout I love the image it fits well.
    I would work on the leading in the "We Have all that you wanted.." making it more uniform between lines. Also try making the the font height uniform, it looks as if it is getting smaller as the lines drop. This will also effect your leading. I think I would also try and mimick the angle of the two center flowers with these lines as well. This will give tighter unity to your text and image. Also I noticed the titles for the subjects "Articles, Poems,..etc." are all capitalized except "stories"; unless there is a reason for this I would keep all the same leaving "and much more.." as is. You might want to try moving that block around a bit maybe a little lower. Another trick for typography is to use two fonts one serif and one san serif, usually the Serif would be used in the title.
    What program did you create this in? If the dpi is too low you will lose quality no matter what. If you are printing on an Ink jet or the like directly from the computer then you will want a 300 dpi image in RGB mode. This should retain the quality,however, if you try to bump the resolution up you will probably lose quality in the print as well.

Thanks guys i have printed too it came out awsome all of them in my school including my school Mother appreciated me Thanks all of ur gr8 support and suggestions i have made some last cheanges check it out

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    The image is warm.
    Experiment with a heavier text.. (bold) and also placement.
    Perhaps make everything a different in size and justification.

Thanks for the feedback

I like the picture very much... very summer...

not too keen about the outerglow and typography used here.

if you're going to print proffesionally use 300 dpi.

If it is going to be printed at home 150 dpi will be sufficiant.

really nice..

I would have the "we have all that..." left justified and put Wanted on its own line and and emphasize the You- either with its own line or another color.

great cover there mate...and as I often tell people...you can NEVER get enough blur!
    Anyhow...I think its been said before, but I'll say it again...you need to work more on your text. Typography is one of the things that makes your work stand out, and if you know how to use heirachy well...then you're in. Things you need to note when working with letterform..or typography (whichever one you call it), remember that letterform as an element must flow together with the principles of design such as heirachy, balance(symmetrial or asymmetrical), figure and ground etc etc. Often times, you'll have bland text in a serif font, but if you're good...you can mix it up a little, and have a dynamic effect by contrasting the serif font with a sans serif...it can do wonders if you're good...if not, then it just looks like poo :P

anyway, I don't think I'm making ANY sense whatsoever! so I'll leave it at that

Very nice, it gives a nice image to the school.