A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: most common flash player?

Ok. Here's the situation... I have built a flash intro to a business site. I am working in MX. I have noticed that (at my actual daytime work place) the intro doesn't want to come up. I figure that the problem is the flash player at work is an older version and needs to be updated. However... my network doesn't allow for us to download anything. (for obvious reasons) I'm sure I could talk my network admin to upgrade the flash player plugin, but my intensions are for other businesses to view the site. I can't possible sweet talk all their net admin to do the upgrade.

So I guess my question is how do i publish my intro so that these other companies can view the intro?

Firstly let me say that I think intros, especially for business sites, are a bad idea ... but you came for solutions, not criticisms, right?

If you haven't used much scripting in your intro you can publish for earlier versions of the Flash Player. If you can export your SWF for the Flash Player version 3 then just about everyone (with any Player installed) will be able to see it. Just be aware of the scripting issues (if you export for v3, then look at your scrip in Flash again, it SHOULD tell you what will, and what won't, work.

But it's no big loss if users can't view it - an intro isn't an integral part of the site ... as long as they can still see the main site you're doing okay. I wouldn't waste too much time obsessing over it

Thx! I will try that. I think it may work. I made a very simple intro... not some big movie type. If you wnat to check it out http://www.bartnettcs.com/ ---by the way this is my first flash project... it has some kinks to work out.