A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: preloader for flash CD

Hi everyone, I'm desiging an interactive CD for the company I work for entirely in flash. I am beginning to test my animation on different computers and on my 900mhz PC the CD runs great, but on my 550mhz Mac it runs very choppy. I do have a continuous sound set to "stream" during the intro to the cd which is where the most skipping is happening. I have tried doing a "load movie" for that 30 second sound but then it does not synch to the animation correctly. The sounds plays correctly but the 30fps movie skips frames to keep up with the sound. My question is, can i use a preloader on a CD project or do those only apply to downloadable flash files over a network. Will that help it to run more smoothly? Thanks for your help.

Susan

What you can do is lower the fps to about 17 or so. Might help

- van rijn

is there any way that I can do that without readusting every frame in the whole animation? Would it help if i split up the sound file into chunks?

Good question.. got me on that. I never tried that

- van rijn

u know 30fps is a very high speed for flash project
    it may cause probles like that.i shoud say i didnt understand whats ur problem but my suggestion try to decrease ur frame rate

ok....I understand that that is what I need to do. The question now is, how do I reduce the frame rate without having to redo my entire animation (because it would then play way too slowly)?

any suggestions? some magic converting application perhaps?

fk's official minger
    hiii

i am havin the same problemo as you - my fps is also 30, but as i have encountered in the past, speeding the frame rate wont do any difference at all - i just did it right now and the speed is the same and it just runs as choppy.
    its a shame that i cant get away with vectors for this intro that im doing (client needs photos!!)
    all i can suggest that IM SURE you wont want to do is to check the optimisation of your image files (they should ideally be in png format) and see if ya can squish em down any more.

its annoying, i know

louise

thanks for the suggestions, however I don't have ONE image file in my movie....Simply vector shapes drawn in flash as well as text generated in flash...which is why I can't understand why it would run so badly!

meeyoww again uuu
    ok its no way to reduce it like that as i know.
    u should change home animations!!!sorry boy!i know its hard and boaring

fk's official minger
    oooh.

well, vectors can sometimes just be as intensive as graphics - if they have heaps of layers it can sometimes be worse.

masks are processor intensive too - and lots of complex tweening

hmm well i've have a ton of layers and a ton of masks as well! I wish i knew this going in...thanks guys

Susan