A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: QTVR with Pop Up windows

Hi,

I am doing this CDROM and want to include a QTVR, i know that u can't embed a QTVR, i was womdering i can from the CDROM launch a popup html windows that would contain my QTVR movie.

I want to ne able to specify size etc and as well would be nice to have a chromless window.
    It is not too dificult when you embed you swf file in html but when you use the Stand Alone player for the CD not too sure how.

Thanks

Xav

Well, nobody has given you a response - so I'll give a stab at it.

First of all, are you saying you are making a Flash Projector CD and you want to have QT content as well? If so, you may want to take a look at Director from Macromedia. Otherwise, there may be a way to do this, but doing any kind of QT on a CD just got more difficult as your viewer will need to have the QT player or you will have to send them to QuickTime's site to download it. Apple no longer allows you to do an auto install.

You may also want to check out Live Stage Pro from http://www.totallyhip.com They have a QuickTime compiler that allows you to have Flash and Quicktime in the same delivery method (QT6 supports Flash 5).

I hope this helps.

5G

Thanks for the Info, i know we should use Director but we haven't got it (sad).

Regards

Xav

Smile LiveStage Pro

Hello Again

I have checked the product you told me about and email them it looks like using this tool i can put my QTVR and Flash animation if any with LiveStage Pro, then make it as a Quick time movie.
    Then embed my new Quick time movie with the QTVR in it in my flash MX interface and i should get the QTVR working?

That would be great and solve all problems especially for CD, but the LiveStudio is expensive. What do you think.

Regards

Xavier

As I said, QT 6 supports Flash 5 or less so you'll have to ditch MX if you go this way.

Yes, LSP is expensive and tough to learn - but it's a unique solution that may be the tool you need. It all depends on your needs and ability to justify the expense.

5G