A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: unexpected mc reload. HELP

I have a masked mc that I have scripted to goto and stop frame 2 so as the mask tweens, it appears to reveal the mc.
    As the last frame of the mask tween loads, it also forces the masked mc to reload and reset to frame 1.

I can't figure out why or how to correct this issue.

Anyone experience this?
    any ideas?

WebDesigner Wannabe
    I am having this same problem

I have a simple movie clip, with an animation that I want to replay over and over with its instance on the timeline.

I have a mask layer, and in that mask layer I have a shape tween, and each time it reaches a keyframe, the MC that I have under the mask is reset to it's frame 1, even though it is in the middle of it's own timeline.

Anyone know how to fix this?!
    -=MrJspeed=-

through in a stop() action
    j

WebDesigner Wannabe
    hi,

you're probably not understanding the problem i'm having

I have a MC that I WANT to loop, its a seamless animation that I want to play and loop continuously.

But when it is under a mask, and a shape tween... it jolts when the shape tween his a keyframe.

It jolts.. its like the MC is re-initialized and started over, instead of continuing playing and being seamless. I don't see how stop() would fix this. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Actually it seems that it isn't really about being in a mask, but rather being on a layer with other objects and being tweened along with them. If it is on a layer of itself and begins a tween then it is seamless. Yet when it was in the mask it did that without a break it its timeline... only the mask's timeline.

Help please, thanks
    Last edited by MrJspeed; 07-19-2003 at 02:25 AM.
    -=MrJspeed=-

i misread, post your fla and someone will look it over for you

j

WebDesigner Wannabe

FLA

You can see on every keyframe of the Mask's timeline, the MC "jolts" and doesn't rotate smoothly like it should.

http://mrjspeed.utacm.org/test1/mask1.fla
    -=MrJspeed=-