A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: blur questions

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    I have 2 things to ask about bluring, the first is something ive never been able to figure out how to do and that is to blur part of an image and fade the blur part into the rest of image, how can i do that? ive tryed feathering the selection i blurred but the feather just goes inwards and not outwards?
    also is there a way to blur using the airbrushes? kinda like airbrushing with a colour but this time the airbrush is bluring the image, does that make sense?

    Thanks anyone


  2. #2
    Planet Claire Embassator herr_dada's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    53 miles west from Venus
    1. if u would like a motion blur to a still image, repeat the original blur, and do a motion blur on that layer. then in the original layer, add a layer mask to it, and do a gradient, being that translated to a alpha channel that is only used to the original layer (being black 0% opacity and white 100%)

    2. there's a tool in PS that either as a drop shape (blur) or a triangle shape (sharpen)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    thanks the first one works good, i dont quite get the second one though, what exactly are these tools?



  4. #4
    now menacing sydney redact207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    A1: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...4&pagenumber=2

    A2: Funnily enough it's called the 'blur tool'. Press 'R' in photoshop. it's the one under the eraser, looks like a water drop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center