A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: REAL Player Export in Publish Settings Dialog?

Lightbulb

I just noticed that in my publish settings dialog box, that I can export my movie in REAL player format! Has anyone else noticed this in their settings? I'm just curious as to how it got there. It must have been just recently, because just 2 days ago I published a movie and it wasn't there as an option. It gives the file extension .smil

It looks really cool in the real player because all the buttons and actions work just fine. It's a little bit choppy as far as the frame rate goes, (eg. it's dropping frames) but there are some options that I can set to fix this as well when I click on the Real Player TAB in the publish settings dialog box.

If anyone knows how I got this as an option in my publish settings, please let me know because I'm really curious as to how it got in there. I'm using Flash version 5.

Later.
    Fourfold

That's interesting, did you recently do an upgrade of Flash or install the Real Player or Real Publisher?

5G

No, nothing has changed?

The only thing I can think of is yesterday I was
    changing some of my settings in my Browser (IE) and I deleted some active X controls that I knew I didn't need... but I can't see how that had anything to do with it?

Strange indeed!

Also, have you checked your publish settings dialog
    recently in Flash 5? Maybe it is some kind of automatic update from Real Player. Because I have noticed the Real Player icon is blinking in my system tray, and I had it turned off in my startup items in msconfig.

Keep me posted if you find anything out about this.

Later
    -Fourfold

Likewise,

I should have asked, what system are using? I loaded the Beta for Real One (OSX) and it took over control of all my Flash .swf's and a few other funky quirks - kind of a scare at first. Needless to say, it was quickly trashed - now I only use the Classic version.

5G