dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: linking swf files to each other

Hi there,

Any help regarding the following situation is appreciated:

Within an animation I have a button. When a click on the button occurs 4 different animations should be played one after the other. At the end of the fourth animation the first should start again and this should go on continuously until "said otherwise".

I'd like a solution that does not require the modification of the last frames of the individual animations (I have other plans with those frames). Any ideas?

Thanx!

greetings,
    king rob

It would help if you told us why you can't use the last frames...so that we can find a way to work around it.

Well... the situation is the following:

1. I have 5 buttons on the screen. There is a differnt swf file linked to the first four buttons. When clicking on a button (1..4) the linked animation should be loaded and played. From the animation is possible to return to the main screen.
    2. The fifth button should continuously play the previous four animations in a cyclic manner.

main.swf:
    btn1 -> anim1.swf
    btn2 -> anim2.swf
    btn3 -> anim3.swf
    btn4 -> anim4.swf
    btn5 -> anim1+anim2+anim3+anim4

Or maybe there is a possibility to use for this setup to work with the use of the last frames?

Thanx!

well...

creata a new swf called anim5.swf and put all the others inside it, whithout the frame ations.