dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: for real......is there any relationship?

Hybrid View

hello people....i want to play the devil's advocate

up to now I've never seen a real anime website done in flash, or a anime series done in flash (the closest is d7peacemaker, although it is a new kind of style, and although i haven't really seen it yet). I mean, there are a lot of cartoons made in flash, but none of them are anime, right? i haven't even seen a site where the content is anime, and the design is done in flash.

I mean, i believe flash cartoons exists, but....does anime in flash really exist??????

yes there is an anime sequence made flash. The sakura taisen 3 intro and anime sequences were made in flash. It says so in the box =)

also if u need to see real anime made by real japanese using flash you should visit http://www.coj.co.jp

FK's Official A&A Addict
    check out shockanime's genryu's blade

http://www.shockanime.com

that's anime isn't it

just remember my intention here is just to see how many people really now about anime and flash (relating one to each other), as there's a lot of people around this forum, so everyone can give an opinion about this (i'm trying to raise a topic like 'God doesn't exist' kind of type, but between flash and anime)....

i guess you gave me 3 examples of flash and anime, very specific ones right? i could name a thousand links to flash cartoon sites, but just three about anime (always with flash)

i have me theory: cartoon characters have to look funny, unreal, little, cute (most of them). Anime characters requires something: even if it is sci fi, they have to look real. When they close their hands, the hands have to look real, right? that of course, requires more efford; that's where the limits of flash are. Flash is a pretty nice tool for animating, easy to use; that means that a lot of people without any talent can install flash, draw a couple of lines and there...have a flash cartoon.

By no means I'm trying to say that people that draw cartoons have no talent. I'm trying to say that most people using flash don't have any talent, and just use the ease of flash to animate in someway (this statement is kinda controversial, isn't it?). That means: i can name a thousand links to flash cartoon site, but from the 1000, only 3 will be excelent....

anime in flash

Hey, what about my site http://www.UnderstandingAnime.com ? or http://www.ANIMEtion.com i think flash is a great tool for creating anime. check out the kenshin example or the karekano examples on my site where i redrew anime sequences in flash just to see how it would look. it's not the program, it's the people who use it.

i do agree that most people who use flash aren't creating professional quality projects (and i do believe my work could be a lot better too) but considering the time and resources spent well it makes sense. flash does enable one person to create something on a shoestring budget in a much quicker timeframe than traditional cel animation (anime or other) but if you can't draw flash can't help (that's what lightwave with the celshader plug-in is for. but if you don't understanding timing and direction and other principles of animation well, no app can help that).

I think this guy is talented

http://cyanime.tripod.com/

that's exactly what i wanted to see. So...flash and anime together do exist!!!!

Nice sites.

It's bad that everybody can have access to flash, and come with something up. That's why internet is so full of trash: but that's the nice thing about internet: between so much trash, once in a while, you get to see something nice! and that makes your eyes pop out of your face and your heart stops beating. But to get to see those nice sites, you have to get to know the right people that know about the right sites!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by argonauta
    It's bad that everybody can have access to flash, and come with something up. That's why internet is so full of trash
    I find this disturbing .. I think one of the best things about the internet is that it doesnt have to be amazing, that people can use it to learn from each other, and become better in the process.

the idea that only "good" people should be able to use software .. they only got good by being bad and learning.

True. Internet is a great way to meet people, search for information and learn from each other.

And I guess everybody that really want to learn flash can do it. The problem is that there's a lot of people that download flash and expect to create the best site, but without any efford. Most people just don't care about taking some time to learn flash first, and then create the site they want, little by little.

The same thing occurs with HTML tools. Have you seen how many programs there are, that allow you to create "amazing HTML sites" in 15 minutes. And those programs do get downloaded and used by thousands. I mean, the freedom that internet gives you to put whatever you want on it, or use it in either way you want, doesn't mean that you have to do it without any efford. True, there are some people that really try to make a great site and learn and practice, bbut they are just no good designers. I don't blame those people. But there's also lots and losts of people that just don't care to learn; they just want to have some presence in internet, and want it the easy way.

Once i made an interface and put it in the movie section here in flashkit. Then i received many mails of people asking me if they could use the interface for their own site. Lots of mails were just like that (only a few, like 3, came from people asking me how to change something in the menus, or asking me to explain a script). Can you imagine, you give a freesource file for people to learn how to do an interface, and most of them just wanted to use the file as it was, not even caring about cjanging the colors, or make a different site, and maybe use the scripts i made to create the menus. I find that quite disturbing, that there's a lot of people that just don't care about learning. And they are the ones that make the internet a place full of trash.

One mans/womans trash is another mans/womans treasure.

I have seen flash cartoons that have had poor art and animation and great writing
    I have also seen others that have had great art and animation, but the writing was horrible and slow.
    I think it all depends on what you are into.

I like flash cartoons that are entertaining, not "just" because they are well designed.

I think it is great that people are able to express themselves that would not normally have an outlet.

Just my opinion on the subject

if you can afford a car...you buy one. That doesn't mean that after buying it, you can drive anywhere you want. You want to learn first, get a driver's license, and then get in the car and drive.

That's what happens here: you download flash, and start animating, without having the basic concepts to use it, concepts of animation and design. I'm not saying that only designers that studied in college should use flash (mainly because i've never gone to college). I'm saying people should take some time before getting into flash.

The right that internet gives you to express yourself doesn't mean that you must express yourself! you have an idea, you want to use flash, well, learn to use it first. If flash is not what u do, but music, but still you want to use flash, still you have to learn how to use it first, or get someone that can work together with you.

I think another metaphore to the same topic is this:

you have a pen, yes you can write whatever you want wherever you want, but first, learn how to write. If you want to write in english, learn english. You never will be perfect at it, but still you can learn the basics so you can express what you want to express.

The problem with people in internet is that they think getting flash is knowing flash, and obviously it isn't.

cyanime is good!

i never seen a talented person such as this one who can draw marvel style and his anime style is just as good =)

staying within topic...

i often wanted to always be like the good anime and flash artists out there... I often looked at sites for ispiration and all but here's what i realized, i often wanted to be good the first time, i get dissapointed often. I feel so small compared to what folks have done

True how sometimes i turn to flashkit for source codes, and kinda using some techniques (ex. menus xml tutorials etc.) but somehow i just use the source code never really bothering with how it was coded, i just customize and stuff. when i have the time i study the source and just leave it at that. Coz in my job they wanted things immediately and i could'nt spare the time to study. I think its the reason why folks just rip off interfaces etc.

Sometimes i wanted to update my website and apply everything i learned here... but somehow i lost the motivation coz in a perspective theres a lot of things i have to learn to get back on track and the only way i could get through my job is no choice but to rip/ customize and make new.

i really miss doing things from scratch and learning from the bottom. I want to draw anime again. I feel i have so much i like to do but never have the time anymore.. often i envy people who even little by little improve on their anime skills. i'm suprised how much people here have improved over the years, since i started working in my job.

[Edited by lynx on 09-03-2002 at 10:04 PM]