A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New @2A real estate site

New site from 2A

http://www.realtybid.com/

my first thought is how cool it is to see something by 2advanced justified to the left of the page rather than centred

as always it looks professional and it's a top notch production, there's tonnes of content which they've made a good job of laying out. The style is a kinda XPish almost and all the graphic details are superb.

I wonder if anyone from 2advanced wants to enlighten us as to what went into the back-end of this project, must be huge!

snazzy
    is that a new blue?

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Correct you are. The back-end is pretty in-depth, but was actually built by the folks at RealtyBid. Our job was to essentially integrate a 2Advanced design against their ColdFusion/SQL Server web based Real Estate Auction system.

While our development team were involved throughout the entire project, I would estimate that the 2A allocation of work was more along the lines of 30% development / 70% design.

In all, from start to completion, the entire project was about 2 months long.

One other thing I'd like to know, whose idea was it to have the nodding cows, flapping birds, smoke coming out of the chimney etc on some of those centerpiece images?

they're nicely done but a little kitschy

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Originally posted by aversion
    One other thing I'd like to know, whose idea was it to have the nodding cows, flapping birds, smoke coming out of the chimney etc on some of those centerpiece images?

Miles... It's all about the detail! Kinda like picking out the perfect Plaid Shirt. You know?

LOL

Originally posted by tpnovak
    Originally posted by aversion

Miles... It's all about the detail! Kinda like picking out the perfect Plaid Shirt. You know?
    so I take it from that answer that it was your idea?

plaid is a perfectly acceptable form of attire, equally suitable for online property auctions, call centre operators and those people who drive subway trains

Overall a very superb site I like it ALOT

Very professional, great design. And that blue color is amazing. That's 2A so they will always give the best corporate design.
    But one thing, when you click the but TURN FLASH OFF (bottom of the page) it swap the site to a version that I think could have been much better (hate that fill they put on the righthand side).
    Nobody's perfect

these last couple of 2a sites have been looking more and more similar i think.

not really a bad thing, i'm sure the clients love the sites, and i'm usually not one to join the "rip on 2a" gang, but lately it seems more and more the same.

Enter the Flash Dragon Prototype3X's Avatar
    Cool

Very very nice... IMO their best site

Hmm...

Definitely 2A talent no doubt! My only comment is that nothing stands out. It's all the same color, which I know is their thing sometimes, but I think it really needs an immediate direction for the user. Like in the Weston site, the combination of colors seperates the navigation from the content. In this one, it's all lost in a swirl of endless blue.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    I like the site, great design and touches.
    I don't like the way it starts up, there are too many elements animating and flashing into place, looks messy, also the animated birds and smoke look really cheesy.

I agree with Nevil. The animated birds need more.. like moving through the sky. A perspective of them flying towards the viewer and then out of the scene would have been a nice effect.

Cool Sites Official Critic
    wrong site for the client- bad colours, bad typography, overkill of motions which are not that smooth and too cluttered. In saying that, its better than most sites on the web. 2a are one of my favourite design teams but their latest work is not "cool site" or "bombshock" material, so hopefully 2a this and that will finally simmer down.

You have no 'imagetoolbar' meta data on the index page but the 'imagetoolbar' meta data is just thrown on, above the document type dtd in the main frames content of all things!

Sheesh, 'the back-end is pretty in-depth'.

( just kidding)

Yeah, I like the site, usual 2A feel with a lot of underneath workings.

Not to keen on the top right image in the main framed content, looks like binoculars.

Originally posted by nevil
    I like the site, great design and touches.
    I don't like the way it starts up, there are too many elements animating and flashing into place, looks messy, also the animated birds and smoke look really cheesy.
    I agree, though I used the word kitsch

Very nice site. Looks like a mixture of elements from all the other 2A sites.

I think the little animations in the pictures are nice. To the average viewer, like non-designer and non-fk'er, they will really like those animations. Give the pics some life and interactivity.

Although I find it funny that the birds are just sitting in place flapping their wings.

I just love how 2A continues to release very high quality corporate sites that involve tons of content presented in a practical way.

I love how people just like to pick out every little thing they can find to nitpik on..

IMO, beautiful site.. I like the WestonFL one a little better though.