A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New @2A real estate site

FallOut Boy!!
    one simple question.................

are 2advanced topics the most popular posts? I see other cool sites, that are just as cool as 2advanced sites...but their activity isn't as close to 2advanced.com

obviously.. woops i added to the madness

imagination through stupidity
    ah! this thread has outlived its purpose.

omg, can someone tell me why this topic is so popular??

Very nice site but, looks dangerously close to some of the Macromedia MX tutorials (there mock stilleto car co.)

Originally posted by uncle_3than
    omg, can someone tell me why this topic is so popular??
    it's the word on the street...

Originally posted by HYPERLINX
    Very nice site but, looks dangerously close to some of the Macromedia MX tutorials (there mock stilleto car co.)
    link please?

FK's Helper Monkey!
    its on eof those tutorials that comes with flash.

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    Somone is trying to stir something up..that isn't even a design in that tutorial..its just a car with a background...looks nothing like anything relating to 2A or anything ever done. That thing is 5 minutes of work.

I'm sorry ..but that was just a stupid comment.

Shane
    http://www.pixelranger.com

Swedish
    Eric Jordan is the best.

Originally posted by pixelranger
    Somone is trying to stir something up..that isn't even a design in that tutorial..its just a car with a background...looks nothing like anything relating to 2A or anything ever done. That thing is 5 minutes of work.

Shane
    http://www.pixelranger.com
    Didn't mean to start anything, just wanted to comment on the style that design has gone lately. Many sites look similar, thats cool... I enjoy this new tech style, but the color similarity and the division of space seemed familar. There was no copying but designers begin to design like each other or at least influence each other just as art history has proven.
    Anyway, the Macromedia tut. I spoke about was in fact called Trio Motor Co. Here is a link, I believe the correct download is the service page (bottom right). I can't be sure because I can not check the file. I'm at work and don't have the software I need to download and open the file. Hope this clears the air. Thanks.

http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/mx/trio/

Rich

nice, but too unorginal tho

Originally posted by pixelranger
    That thing is 5 minutes of work.

Shane
    Didn't mean to start anything, just wanted to comment on the style that design has gone lately. Many sites look similar, thats cool... I enjoy this new tech style, but the color similarity and the division of space seemed familar. There was no copying but designers begin to design like each other or at least influence each other just as art history has proven.

Anyway, the Macromedia tut. I spoke about was in fact called Trio Motor Co. Here is a link, I believe the correct download is the service page (bottom right). I can't be sure because I can not check the file. I'm at work and don't have the software I need to download and open the file. Hope this clears the air. Thanks.

http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/mx/trio/

[/B]
    Ah yes, I recall that site from a number of Macromedia demos.

Firstly, the site being referred too took a LOT longer than 5 minutes, in fact probably took longer (at least in terms of man hours) than most of 2A's sites put together if you had knowledge of all the Flash/ColdFusion/Dreamweaver functions it covers - it is their complete demo of all the new MX functions - back and front end - so it would make sense to know the full facts of what's being referred too rather than jump at the first hint of someone putting down 2A.

Second, if/when you do take the time to actually investigate fully, you may see that it could be quite legitimately argued that certain elements of the design are very similar.

Note: it COULD be argued. It could probably be just as strongly argued the other way, that there are no similarities (I'm actually going on memories from 3 months ago, so forgive me).

The point is Shane, that many of here aren't here to jack off with laying crap down on 2A sites, or anyone else's sites, just for the hell of it. Many of us work in this industry, and whether we qualify as someone as "cool" as you, or up to the same "standards" you value yourselves at, is really besides the point.

The point is that we have opinions backed with reason and judgement. You may not agree with that - Christ, if we all agreed what an homogenous world this would be - but where do you get off abusing us for having an opinion? Who on earth do you think you are?

At present you guys were doing better PR when you didn't post on this site. At least back then all the crap comments were obvious enough and mostly ignored, and all those with something of value could add it without being flamed, and your site got a huge number of testers for free.

Now why should I bother? You don't seem to give a crap about what any of us has to say, and seem intent on making sure we know it.

Outa here.
    Dave

can i just quote the whole page now?
    haha

Originally posted by No-Tec
    can i just quote the whole page now?
    haha
    Go for it. Looks like we aren't getting any more input from 2A staff. They seem very good at slamming any criticism, not so good at admitting any fault.

I still respect their work, but as far as their attitude to others in the industry... well, jury's out at the moment...

damn, all these rip sites are gone I wanted to check them out!

Lol. Maybe that is cause they are rips. Rips usually get destroyed.

P.S. Why did you resurrect a 1.5 year old thread?
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

ehm what the hell ? I see i have commented this site to be cool but i really couldn`t understand what so special about this site. This site must have been changed ? Never remember seeing this site before ..yikes . Shame on you getting a 2 year old thread up !!

yah, I see no reason to bring this up, sites are gone.

closed.