A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I have seen enough

The Swift v3 examples now online look amazing... check out the last one: Robot hand - unbelievable!

http://www.erain.com/newsletters/v3/

I think I'll quit my complaining and fork out the $$ for the upgrade...

told 'ya

Regular Guy
    OH MY GOD - How amazing is that ?????
    I cant wait to get my hands on a copy !!

Regards,
    Mike Mackay.
    Freelance Internet Programmer.

Arrrrr.. u said copy, anyway

That robot hand looks amazing gonna have to learn how to do that when i get myself swift v3 :P

_
    WOW!

**going to erain.com**

Regular Guy
    Daniellawson

Arrrrr.. u said copy, anyway
    You've lost me on that one ??

Regards,
    Mike Mackay.
    Freelance Internet Programmer.

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    i don't get the transparent tube... where's the transparent part? can't u make that kind of tube with lathe editor in v2?? also i notice the shadow around the rim just goes from black to light grey but since it's only a preview i guess u guys gonna fix that...

the bitmap render is awesome just like all the other new upgrades like specularity, mirror, multiple light source etc... but im guessing there isn't much improvement on the modelling tools so far otherwise they would've shown some more-organic examples... am i right or wrong?

caithness massiv
    good point... i'll get jim to do a better job on the transparency of the tube to show off more of those qualities

so aren't the bitmaps just too cool??? i flipped the first time i saw them in action...

just wait until you see some more of those bitmap renders in an animated state! it's incredible

@phlegm ... modelling is an art that takes a time to master if you didn't notice, that robot hand was made entirely in v3 ... but to answer your question... no... we didn't add things like modifiers, sub-object, or any type of mesh edit because we aren't in the business of producing a high-end 3d modelling product... mainly because those complex modelling features do not directly address our target market with swift3d.v3

i know wat u mean agent vivid... i didn't expect Swift3D to come with those complex tools... but it would've been nice if we could do more with the available tools...

for example... RUSHVision tutorial about a sphere with 4 arms containing Erain logo... when he used the Lathe editor to make a quarter of a sphere, he had to retouch it again in Flash coz Swift can't close the 90 degree lathe object... it would've been nice if Swift can do that... saves us time tweaking the image in flash...

just little things like that...

oh i notice the hand is made in V3... now im not saying i would be able to make that hand personally but i think all the hand's components can be made in v2... they all can be imported, extruded, beveled, lathed in v2... the only difference is the quality of render in v3... just my 2 cents...

agent vivid? RUSH? or anyone else with close relationship with erain?? any thought on my post above??

NDA's, non-disclosure agreements, don't permit people to sometimes answer those questions until it's time where they can...

Originally posted by phlegm_thrower
    oh i notice the hand is made in V3... now im not saying i would be able to make that hand personally but i think all the hand's components can be made in v2... they all can be imported, extruded, beveled, lathed in v2... the only difference is the quality of render in v3... just my 2 cents...
    I think it's safe to say that the hand in the example could be modeled in V2. It wouldn't look quite as good, but it could be done from what I can tell by looking at it.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    There is nothing new used to make the hand at all. Just the render settings thats all. Other than that its all V2 based modeling using only the extrude and lathe tools. Regards, Bill

i've just seen the feature list sneak preview... i bow to u erain peepz... the price of v3 upgrade is definitely more than reasonable for that much new features...

one question about the mirror effect... does RAViX III engine actually do it like flash? calculate the distance and angle of the animation to the "mirror plane" and put a copy of that instance on the exact opposite and play them separately?