A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to improve audio quality in FLV files

I have been Importing quicktime.mov files through the Sorenson Pro in MX as well as the Sorenson Squeeze Software applications to make FLV files but i am finding that the audio is still coming out very tunnel sounding. any suggestions. I appreciate any input.

what are your original sound settings?
    what are you doing with the final flv files?
    are they going into flash to be exported as swf files?

audio is for CD Rom project

QUOTE]Yes the original audio could be better, however it came from the client and cannot be changed. I forgot to mention that these quicktime will be converted to flv files to be placed into Flash for a CD ROM. These flv files will each have their own video controller as well. I played with Sorenson last night and improved the sound some more, but I was hoping that some master might have some great settings or technique to apply to make the speaker in my movies less lispy (high endand wet sounding)

well not to overstate the obvious, but this is the way it is when dealig with anything that is already compressed, it is hard to "upgrade" that quiclity.
    i am no master and have no master tricks for you
    but when you export the file from flash, i reccommmend you do some tests with the final sound export settings, in the publish settings there is an option for the quality of stermed sound. it is likely that you want speech, but try some of the other settings too, incase they can
    help flatten your sound a bit.
    ss

Thanks a million

Yes this has been a good learning lesson. I was up most of the night and I did clarify the audio a bit more, I will apply what you have suggested in the publishing settings. thanks a bunch. I appreciate all of your help!!!!