A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Quality and file size

Hi i've edited a movie and am now ready to put effects on it using flash.. After putting the effects on it can i export in the same quality.. and how much bigger will the file size be... I put a 1.1mb file into it once.. Put one logo on it which lasted the entire duration of the frames. I the exported it back out in the same *.avi format it was in orginally. Its file size was now 66mb!!. My movie is about 3gb and captured off a digital camera in premiere. Is there anywas to edit effects in and still have a reasonably good filesize??
    Thx for your time.

my now thats a big file,
    what is the end delivery method and resolution you intend for this movie?
    what kind of "flash" effects are you addin. maybe flash is not the ideal software?
    how ever, it mayb that i using the quicktime format could suit your purposes, could you give a little more info on what you are tryna achive?

Yea ok Its basically a series of ads so as u can imagine they will have to have quite a bit of titling and little flash animations. Its going to be put on the big screen and the resolution has to be perfect thats why i dont wanna compress it. I want the picture quality to be the same as it is on the camera. How much does flash generally add to the file in size.. I may have done something wrong whilst exporting it...

well you might be better of exporting the flash animations by them selves and then importing them into your editing programme, rather than the other way around.

is that a possibility?

there are a few options with flash, but it is not built to export broadcast quality video, however people do often import there flash animations into editing programmes to add as a layer into in the video for broad cast.