A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash to DVD

Hello, do anyone know a way to play a flash-movie in a dvd-player? Is this possible or is it necessary to convert the fla into another format for playing it on a dvd-player? Please answer in easy words because I am not so good in English and in Flash. Thanks very much for any help!!

Well you need to somehow get your fla into a MPEG2 file.

I would do this importing my swf into after effects, then exporting the swf as avi, then importing into premiere, and exporting as MPEG2 with my hardware MPEG encoder that goes with my Canopus Editing Card. So I know its possible but there has got to be an easier and cheaper way...

Does anyone else have other suggestions?

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Originally posted by Visionray
    Well you need to somehow get your fla into a MPEG2 file.

I would do this importing my swf into after effects, then exporting the swf as avi, then importing into premiere, and exporting as MPEG2 with my hardware MPEG encoder that goes with my Canopus Editing Card. So I know its possible but there has got to be an easier and cheaper way...

Does anyone else have other suggestions?
    skip the first phase, becouse you can export it as a movie file from flash.

onClipEvent (enterFrame)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by italia
    Hello, do anyone know a way to play a flash-movie in a dvd-player? Is this possible or is it necessary to convert the fla into another format for playing it on a dvd-player? Please answer in easy words because I am not so good in English and in Flash. Thanks very much for any help!!
    Indeed it is possible!
    In Flash (or Swish) Choose File|Export and then AVI)(And you might want to tweak the export codec to produce a good result from your .avi(this is probaly the hardest part of the entire operation )). After you have exported your movie as an .avi, you'll need to convert it to MPEG2 (or if your DVD can play VCD:s, MPEG1). One way to do this is to get hold of TMPGEnc, a piece of software that encodes avi:s to MPEG. The 'free' version can encode MPEG2(DVD) as a trial for 30days. Check it out on http://www.vcdhelp.com (Look under 'Tools' on the lefthand menu, quite far down on the page) Here you can find all sorts of things you might need for making your own DVD and/or VCD.

Best of luck!
    mm

I would do this importing my swf into after effects
    Is it possible to import swf into after effects? I tried and af seems to understand swfs as quicktime files.