A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: D7status - Anime Fest and beyond

Hello friends

Just got back from a festival in Dallas, the small but entertaining AnimeFest [animefest.org] I decided to go because of my Birthday which fell on August 31st. So I figured most of my birthdays had not been so cool...so I would work on this one. It went very well indeed. We went to The Magic Time Machine...it's a theme based restaurant where the waiters pretty much Cosplay. Like, Poison Ivy [Batman] was our waitress...she was very cool...very witty and intelligent and really attractive to boot. How cool is that.

Aside from my birthday...which was awesome, there was some great other things we are talking about doing from some of the folks we met there. Folks in dallas and other places in Texas...should soon be able to pick up D7Peacemaker Stage 1 at Planet Anime, Dale's anime and a few other places. While some of the deals are in limbo...most of them are mustard so we're golden. Also you may be spotting D7 and other characters visage, displayed on black satchels in the mall and other stores. More info on that as it comes.

Good news for D7Peacemaker Stage 1 buyers. The story version of the script is completed. Barring some minor changes and some dialogue fixes, I will begin the script writing process on Friday I believe. Meaning that we are moving into pre production and getting development money together. All good news. So you can expect to see some character designs and othe rmaterials soon. An update should occure to D7Peacemaker.com in a few weeks. We hope to begin production of Prodigal Child on or around January. Why this is important is this....we will be pulling D7Peacemaker Stage 1 from shelves and never release this version of Stage 1 again. We're doing this to make the ones people have purchased [Limited Edition] So if ya got one...then take care of it...it'll be worth more in a little while

We have also laid out our schedual for the next 2 quarters as such.

Austin Film Festival
    October 10-17
    1 or 2 panels as well we will be displaying Stage 1 three times, all around 7pm, and having a reading of the First scene of the new script.

Ushicon 2 [Ushicon.com]
    February 2003
    We will be showing the animatics as well as other pre production work and hopefully a small bit of finished stuff. The rest is still to be decided...eg.Lectures and art sale and so forth.

A-Kon 14 [A-Kon.com]
    June 2003
    We will be showing around 30 minutes of finished footage from Prodigal Child, plus the lectures and the art and so on and so forth.

Anyways it's busy so things are going mad well. If you would like to know more please email at info@d7peacemaker.com And we will begin updating on a newsletter as soon as around 2 - 4 weeks. Anyways that's that. Thanks for your time

d7update

Originally posted by dementia7
    we will be pulling D7Peacemaker Stage 1 from shelves and never release this version of Stage 1 again.
    Thanks for the update, D.

One quick request - can you get Joe to send Argonauta his copy before they're pulled? I sent an e-mail a few weeks ago and am waiting a response - if you could give him a heads' up, it'd be much appreciated.

Happy belated b'day!

yes pleeeze!!!! don't forget about me!!!!

i think cno and i came to a nice solution for that issue, i hope you can contact us and tell us what's going to happen.

Thanks for the birthday wish CNO As I said before...the situation has not changed. We are coming up with a solution to this issue. As it stands...we cannot send a DVD to where argonauta lives without sending it secured...cause we've trid like 3 or 4 times now and it never gets there for some reason. Sending it secured to another country...that country in particular...will cost us a considerable...I mean alot of money. So we are trying to figure out what to do. Have I forgot...not even. I want to do this but...as we have spent some money already trying to get it there and failed...we are left with a solution that is going to cost alot. We have one other person who is having this issue. So we have to find a way to resolve them both.

In the meantime if the responses take a while...it's because we're extremely busy trying to make this feature film. It's time consuming on a biblical scale...no joke. Thanks for your patience argonauta. I sincerely apologize for the inconvienence.

d7peacemaker

dementia7,

no prob....i still can wait...hopefully i'll be able to see it before x-mas.

yep, it seems joe hasn't been reading his mail or he hasn't communicate it to you. There's an address in Florida to which it can be sent. There are some issues about that, which CNO already explained to Joe, but no answer has been received from him. Who should we contact now?

Tell me about it and I will personally get it done.

Personally=Tony will do it

Thanks so much for your patience

d7resolution

so?

Arik: i'm posting here a copy of an email i just sent to Joe and Kirby. The address is censored for privacy issues. Anyway if you need to contact me, please write to azrasta1@yahoo.com

I hope this issue can be solved, and if the dvd really can't be delivered, then I wish to be informed. Truthfully, up to know, I haven't seen any interest from your side (not you, but the other guys) to solve this. If I weren't writing every week and asking what's going on, then i guess this would have been forgotten. I think 3 months waiting for a dvd is just too much.

Thank you

The email:

Hi Kirby, Joe,

I write again to try to solve the issue about the dvd that Chris Norman ordered for me (as winner of a footer contest).

As I've explained in several emails before, I've got an address in Florida where the dvd can be sent. As it would cost me 15 USD to bring it to Ecuador (as it is a courier service), Chris decided to order a 15USD poster that could come with the dvd (specifically it is the Marie_desk poster
    (http://www.susstore.com/s/superusersolutions/default.asp?TemplateWizardDemoMode=
    on&S=503&A=E&PKV=91005-11x17|0 ))

The thing is that both the dvd and the poster should come together as one package. If they are delivered in two different packages, then it's going to cost me 30USD (15USD per package). So we need you to confirm that you can send both things into one sinlge package.

If you manage to send the package to the address in Florida, it's 99.9% sure that it'll arrive to Ecuador, so I think that would be a fair solution for all of as, isn't it?

I'm providing the address again, and post again the questions that Chris made, but I don't think they've been answered:

The address:

*** N.W. *** Street
    Miami, Florida 33166
    USA

Questions from Chris:

1. Could you ship the two items together to the Florida
    address Luis
    provided earlier (and if so, would you need me to send that
    address
    again?)

2. Would you need my credit card details/personal info
    again, or do you
    still have them from the DVD purchase? If I ordered the
    poster online
    with instructions (in the comments field), would you be
    able to ship the
    two in a single package?

3. Approximately how long would it take to process the
    order once it is
    placed?

Well, thanks for your attention and help

Regards,
    Luis Orozco

Thanks for posting man. Actually when I say refer to me I mean Via email...privacy and all that. Yes I was sent this early this morning and we are looking into it. Going to need Tony to authorize and some time to get it done. I'm thinking a week from Monday. So. We'll see...I'll let you know when I can. Truly I am going to make this happen it just might take a small bit. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

arik renee avila
    d7peacemaker

it's just that i thought that you might receive so much fanmail and stuff that you wouldn't notice mine in your inbox

i just hope i can see Stage I before the second comes out!

Hey all, just wanted to let ya'll know that...a new site will be coming up soon. Dementia7Studios.com Dementia7.com will always be my personal site and Dementia7 Studios will deal with our issues concerning the movies and such. Also we have a forum upo there where folks who want info on stuff can ask like...the other guys as well...not just me. How often we're on it is well...unknown but anyways. This and the other sites will be updated soon...if not this week then next weekend.

d7informer

hey, nice to know about that....

just asking...is there any news bout my issue?

Workin on it man. We've got everything ready to go really just gotta get the print thing done and then we'll send it off. Right now's amazingly hectic. I know that sounds like a total excuse but...it's not. Tony's away in Dallas finishing up this Licensing thing with Planet Anime and we have some other business issues he's attending to with Steve Fellows and I...am trying my hardest to finish this script in 2 days so I can start on inivites for Austin Film Festival which are already 2 weeks late. And also...the investors and then the bulding space...for Dementia7 Studios and all that. So...trsut me you're in there...just a small bit longer to print the...ehh print.

d7promise

d7anxious :P for that!

damn, I shouldn't have slacked off XD...

no more getting LE of it.

*poking topic*
    so no more LE anymore?

LE?
    arik renee avila::dementia7.com::jynetik.com

LSD?
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    le == limited edition

So are you asking if you can still buy it? If so then the answer is yes. Up until we go into actual full blown production of the film...around January. Right now i am preparing stuff for the new site and for Austin Film Festival so...but also in massive preproduction as well. Eg..the new character designs, weapons and so forth.

Also note to other folks...when we finish the 3 movies of which D7Peacemaker will be comprised of, we will be remaking the first one [Stage 1] fully animated and longer..like an hour or something. We'll put all 4 movies in a box set and call that the Ultimate Edition. And on that will be like...the footage that was originally recorded of the Director commentary..myself, Tony and Joe talking about the movie as well as some of us at Joe's testing the audio.

Anyways I'm rambling.

d7rambler
    arik renee avila::dementia7.com::jynetik.com

FK's Official A&A Addict
    you mean all 3 movies in a box set right?? i mean if you put the original version in that boxed set it isn't really a limited edition anymore right?