A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: simple photoshop question

alright im going insane with this. im using Photoshop 6 and im working with text. why is it that when im typing a paragraph and press <ENTER> to start my next line it goes out of text mode? i know that <ENTER> is like saying "apply", but isnt it ridiculous that i cant press <ENTER> to go down a line? does anyone know how i can continue my paragraph? please help!!!!

selected another tool than the text tool before pressing enter ??...

nah, dont think thats the problem...

is this just how photoshop works or is this just something in my settings? anyone????

mullet king
    Press return instead

PC not MAC. sorry, no <RETURN>

Originally posted by nathanieldaniel1
    is this just how photoshop works or is this just something in my settings? anyone????
    Hi,
    I am working with PS 7, and it doesn't work like this so I can't think that PS 6 should act some other way, so it's probably in yours settings. Try with "soft lineshift" (shift/enter)

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Exactly. A Forced Return.
    Hold Shift + Enter

Try creating a text box to start with. Select the text tool, click and drag open an area for your text to fit in. A box should appear with handles to alter the size. Simply enter your text into the box. The line returns are taken care of however you can use RETURN if required.

which 'enter' are you pressing?
    the alphakeys 'enter' button will allow you to go to the next line, however the keypad 'enter' as you said 'applys' the changes you've made. There is a difference

To go to the next line I'm using RETURN on the keyboard and to apply the change ENTER on the keypad.

is my car plate number.

Photoshop FOREVER!!!

hmmmmmmmm....
    strange, I never encounter that before....

Wink

Originally posted by nathanieldaniel1
    alright im going insane with this. im using Photoshop 6 and im working with text. why is it that when im typing a paragraph and press <ENTER> to start my next line it goes out of text mode? i know that <ENTER> is like saying "apply", but isnt it ridiculous that i cant press <ENTER> to go down a line? does anyone know how i can continue my paragraph? please help!!!!

I use Photoshop 6 also on a pc. I opened it up to see exactly what was going on. The only thing I can tell you is you have a glitch in your program. Think about uninstalling and then reinstall the program. Maybe something is not linking right.