A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Version of SWiSH (1.01)

This is a test release of version 1.01. You can download it here:
    http://swishzone.com/SetupSwish101.exe

What's new in Version 1.01:
    Version 1.01 is the first update to SWiSH since the initial release. It is primarily a bug-fix version, however it does include a few new features, including:

The Export Tab.

The new Export Tab allows you adjust export options for the Export to SWF and Publish options on the File Menu.

These options include:

· Exporting the Swish movie so that it is suitable to import into a Flash movie clip (i.e.the movie is offset to the left and upwards).
    · Clipping objects that are outside the movie window.
    · Exporting all text characters as shapes (symbols).
    · Showing or hiding the Flash player menu.
    · Looping (or not looping) the published movie.
    · The Flash player window mode (window, opaque or transparent)
    · The Flash player quality (antialiased or not)
    · The HTML alignment of the Flash player window.

Support for Japanese and Chinese character sets.

Version 1.01 now supports Japanese and Chinese character sets correctly. Any effect that can be applied to Latin characters can also be applied to Japanese and Chinese characters.

Bug Fixes and Workarounds.

· Background color is now exported correctly when Swish movies are published.
    · SWI files can be opened from the Samples menu on systems that have file extensions hidden.
    · Systems with many thousands of fonts installed will now display the text tab without freezing.
    · A warning message is now displayed when you attempt to overwrite an existing file.
    · A few obscure crashing bugs have been fixed.
    · A warning message is now displayed when Adobe Type 1 (PostScript) fonts are used on Windows NT4. Due to a bug in Adobe Type Manager for Windows NT Swish may not function correctly when you attempt to play (or export) movies that contain PostScript fonts. This bug also affects Macromedia Flash (read this technote from Macromedia). This workaround explains how to avoid the problem.

Cheers, David.

[This message has been edited by SWiSH (edited 25 May 2000).]

I downloaded and installed new version. It fixes a lot of problem's. I especially like the transparent background's. When will we be able to add sound's and object's? I am trying to learn flash, but it is pretty hard, Swish is 100 times easier and faster. But wondering if it will ever achieve the same power as Flash without the learning curve? I am also sure other's are asking and thinking the same thing.