A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my girlfriend betsy, she's just 14...

Lightbulb

sorry, it's a line from an iggy pop song called dogfood, i believe, from the album soldier. i love iggy pop and this song has been going through my head and it's the first thing i thought of staring at the subject line...anyway thought it might get your attention.

i've redone my portfolio site and i was hoping ya'll could gimme some feedback

http://www.smoothsurface.com

thanks!!!

thats a stupid subject line monster, but yer it got me attention so its not so stupid, your sites pretty cool i like it, dont have too much to say about it though cos im on my way out with mates.... cya! cool site!

Nice gfx I really liked the background and the icon quality. Over all the site is fairly simple but flows and works perfectly well.

The only real suggestion I could make would be to bring your pop-ups into the main movie but it actually functions perfectly well right now so there is no real reason to do that unless you were bored

Fonts are a bit hard to read
    Image quality could be a bit higher as well
    (I'm mainly talking about your portfolio items)

Great job other than that.

thank you everyone. i really appreciate the feedback. any more takers???

raheelism at +923332165951....
    very impressive... but i'd love a more readable font... rest looks fine to me...

Very cool! I think the site is gonna be awesome! Good luck with it.
    Peece,
    Mel

The site seems a little choppy. The transistions between links could be smoother by adding animation or fade in/outs.

Lookn good.

hey again its me..

Just looked at your site again and really spent some time with it.

your sliding navigation.. is there anyway you could speed this up a lil? i just feel like im waiting for a time to get my pointer over the desired subject..

And one more thing your site is awesome.......... great work love it!

again, thank you for the comments. i'm not sure why some of my port images are a bit blurry. i'm also going to make the port images clickable so that you can just click them to see them...

JAyzEE
    Very beautiful site but its hard to c the font change its colour from white to black.

Nice work. Good feel.

I think the navigation icons need to stand out / come forward more in some way. They seem pretty bright and colorful so I'd go after the background in some way - desaturate or darken - some sort of atmosphere to give it more depth. Otherwise you could lower them so they cut accross the horizon. Also, where the hell are the reflections of the icons? Hmmmmmm? Very easy to do.

Plus, you need a sound-off/on button. Always be considerate.
    [Edited by moot on 09-08-2002 at 03:01 PM]

I love that design! Music and movement!

I agree with some people up above.. make the text a little easier to read..too small.

good work

thanks again everyone...does anyone know of a pixel font that works at sizes around 10 or 12?

Preloader is very confusing for the ordinary man ie: Joe Bloggs, people with no experience of Flas might think that the preloader i s the site, and think sod this....and off they go to my site bwahhhhh
    I think you will understand what Iam tryin to say.

Small pixel fonts. Really odd contrast work. Sections without meaning or contents. Gratz, you got yourself Yet Another Flash Site.

please explain further..."Really odd contrast work. Sections without meaning or contents"?

Ok, first off, the navigation is kind of hard to read when it scrolls back and forth, some parts of you main setting are brighter than the others so the white kind of "blends" in there.

Secondly, and this is something that struck me just now; all those chairs and sofas don't really make any sense. They tell you nothing of what lies ahead. It would make more sense with a picture of a portfolio. Of course, if the text above the buttons would have been clearer it would be unessecary with self-eplaining buttons.

And under Contact you just have a spinning @. This is also bad, since some people don't have mail clients it would be nice with a visible e-mail adress to copy-and-paste.

And I correct myself, you have contents under most sections, but it's barely readable, even in 1024x768, because the font is too small. And I am part-blind, but correct this with contact lenses, which gives me perfect vision, but still it's hard to read that text.

And last, but not least, you can definetly speed up the scrolling of that menu.

FK Lover
    very nice flow.-.-

this is a well created site... cool

Smile

sorry if someone´s said this before, I didn´t bother with reading all the responses. The sliding button thing is really workin out well, but could be alot faster. I´m having to wait way to long. Plus things feel a bit choppy, I don´t know whether it´s just the crappy piece of machinery that i´m using or wether it could be your frame rate. Which frame rate are you using? All in all, a great site. Original and very well executed. Keep it up.