A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Modifying mpegs

Hi all,

I am fairly new to MX and was wondering if there was any way I can modify my mpegs within MX - ie. colour tints, size tween etc.

If not - can anyone recommend some alternative software which would suffice?

Originally posted by slinx
    Hi all,

I am fairly new to MX and was wondering if there was any way I can modify my mpegs within MX - ie. colour tints, size tween etc.

If not - can anyone recommend some alternative software which would suffice?
    Ok, you can do all of that in mx, however first you will have to convert your video to symbol, as a -graphic works- and then do whatever, tint etc. .
    Now. . what is it for?? web?? what?? because if it is a heavy file and also you start doing those thing is not reccomended, it might get kind of slow. . if you want another software you may use after effects, premiere, or if you have enough money and need something pro, final cut.
    Any prob. let me know.
    Good luck.

What Phreak said.... true 'dat.

If you go with this method, just make sure you don't have other things going on at the same time as your effect. Also, keep your beginning and ending points (x,y) and percentages on the whole number. It helps Flash run a little smoother when it's working hard. Try not to use alpha fades, use brightness instead.

Most of the Flash to video software suites like Flix and Sorenson incorporate effects options as part of the compression session. Also, QuickTime Pro is $30 and has many more effects like explosion and wipes. Just make sure to choose Sorenson or Sorenson 3 on your export settings in QT.

5G

Originally posted by Wheels
    Also, keep your beginning and ending points (x,y) and percentages on the whole number. It helps Flash run a little smoother when it's working hard.

DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE WHOLE NUMBER THANKS !!! GOOD TIP

Also, QuickTime Pro is $30 and has many more effects like explosion and wipes.
    OK WHEELS, I DONT KNOW IT THIS IS THE BEST PLACE TO ASK THIS. . I HAVE QT PRO, BUT DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE EFFECTS WHERE ARE THEY?? I DIDNT FIND ANY . ..
    THANKS.
    5G

Thanks a lot for all your help guys...

I now QT Pro and am very impressed with the number of features it has... although one thing that I am looking to do is crop (or zoom into) a small area of the video window - any ideas on how to do this?

Also - is there any way to compress the file size of the video clip prior to importing into Flash MX?

Phreak - when you export the movie there is an options button, this will take you to all the effects options you can apply.

Thanks again.