dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: POP-UPS :: NOT BREAKFAST

I have created pop-ups on http://www.pausenine.com and the pop-ups appear with margins. I am using jpg images. No html pages. Just flash to create the pop-ups. I have no idea why the margins are showing. Please help! here is my code in flash:

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('STIRLING_TRADE SHOW','newWin','width=657,height=250,left=100,top= 100,menubar=0,toolbar=0,location=0,scrollbars=0,st atus=0,resizable=0,fullscreen=0,marginwidth=0,marg inheight=0,topmargin=0,leftmargin=0'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);");
    }

which page has the popups ???

SECTION 3, the portfolio section...each image inlarges

I dont konw if it will be any help, but is 'STIRLING_TRADESHOW' an image? I couldnet see your source code, but I saw you set leftmargin and topmargin as 0. Why dont you try pasting this image in a html file with leftmargin and topmargin?
    Does your image has white areas?

Put this in the body tag of your popped page:

marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0"

margins or location?

Hello.
    I don't know if you've solved this yet, but have you noticed that you have assigned location values of 100 to the left and top values?

...heig
    ht=250,left=100,top=100,menubar=0,...

Would this create a margin?

I am extremely new so if I'm misunderstanding these labels just disregard this message.

Abby

I don't think marginwidth, marginheight, leftmargin and topmargin are properties of the popup window, they are html parameters. You should remove these and wrap the image in an html page (this way you cam also give it a title). Then as suggested before add marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0" into the body tag of the page.

btw, top and left set the position on the window on the screen

Code:
    on (release) { 
    getURL("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('page_containing_image.html','newWin','width=657,height=250,left=100,top=100,screenX=100,screenY=100');NewWindow.focus();void(0);"); 
    }