A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The examples don't work! Please help

Last Ju-Jitsu Warrior
    I installed all, started the service, checked to see it works, it does.

So why don't the examples work?
    No example actually works! Even the ones without ServerSide!
    Please help me...
    These new capabilities are what will make Flash rule the internet, and not it's animation... So I must understand it and start working on it...

:-]

psx = new Moderator();
    Hmm..
    3 things -
    1> What os? It won't work with anything less than win2k.
    2> Are all the files on the same machine? They should just work. If the server is on a remote machine, you'll have to change the connection line from "rtmp:/my_app" to "rtmp://myserver.com/my_app"

3> Did you just install, or have you installed roughly 30+ days ago? (trial version only)

Psx

Last Ju-Jitsu Warrior
    I have win2k
    It's on my machine
    30 days didn't pass, I think - But are you sure it's a trial? It never said it was. My Flash MX is not a trial.

Thanks for replaying

psx = new Moderator();
    Unless you paid money for it, it's most likely a trial. Not your flash mx authoring program, but the flash communication server. Have you tried any of the non-component files? I would try the shared_ball one in the examples. That has a trace in it that will tell you if it did/didn't connect. Also open up the admin page (start menu--mm--fcs--server administrator)

Go to the second link on the left (I think) it should be called application inspector or something like that. Then find your way to the live log. Try the shared_ball example and see what it traces there as well.

Psx