A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX video projector and embeded video hell.

I don't understand why when I embed a video in flash mx, export it as a projector, then run the projector, it takes soooooo long to load up! Does anyone have any experience in what can be done to prevent this? What is the use of embedding video if it takes sooo long to load the file. And the file size isn't even that big. I haven't found any answer to this. Help, anyone!

hiya
    how big is your file?
    it is taking so long cos when you run it off a projector/cd it is loading everything into ram first, as opposed to streaming it like it does over the net.
    what are you going to use it for.
    people have different ways of getting around it,
    loading the movie in parts is one way.
    it is good to have the inital flash file a a small one, that then loads the movie into into it using loadmovie
    so that you get something on screen before you actually start the loading process.
    might be able to help a bit more if you give details of your file size, and what you are using this for. e.g cd, web etc
    cheers
    ss

video in flash mx projector

Hi,

It is for a CD rom. The file has like a 1.5 minute video (and may have up to a minute more). The file is 24 megs now. It takes like 35 seconds for it to run.

What can I do to get someone in right away and also have it ready so that if they click into that section, the file will be there?

Thanks a bunch for your help and if you can help me figure this out. Its killing me!

hiya
    posted an answer last night but my post isnt here for somereason, sorry. (perhaps i feel asleep on the key board and didnt submit or pap's it got vetod'D>?)

can give you more info but check out this thread, good info
    on loading fies sequencially.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=287069
    essentially
    you need to create and inital interdace/animation/graphhics
    whatever swf that is small enough to load quickly, and
    then load your movie using loadmovie into it.

You may want to have a look at the following samples :
    http://www.lpflashex.com/dl/MovieSamplesV2.zip (161KB)

There are 5 samples in the file
    You can start test with publishing MovieMouseClick.fla or MMPMouseClick.fla to EXE which shown some more advanced functions. When looking at sources code, you can start with the 2 simple one first.

ChooseMovie.fla show how to write code that support both media playing engin LPFlashEx provided and let user (or your action script code) to choose at run time.

The two engin :
    Movie (using Window Media Player OCX) is well testing and used by our many customer. Some also send their production using LPFlashEx for Lab test in over 20 computers with different OS (95/98/Me/2K/XP) and different hardware and scored 100% pass without any error / warning. Media Player 6.4 + is needed to play movie this way. You can use the OCX detection event to prompt user to install Media Player using your included installer or use LPFlashEx download action to download installer from Microsoft. You can see this in MovieMouseClick.fla.

MMP is a newer engin which make direct call to system to let it play media with whatever codec it got so it dont depend on a specific program. For example, if the user had any program that registered it codec to playback mpg file with system, MMP should be able to play it. It also support Audio CD playback and we may act more support to it later such as sound recording.

If you need more info or have any questions. You are welcomed to visit our web site and email me.