A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D letters that spin

FK's Woman Chess Grand Master Seldudet's Avatar
    Anybody know how i can make a letter 3d and spin around on its axis? right now im doing it the long way and its taking me forever. i dont have any fancy software but for flash...so anyone got any ideas?

'tis rather easy, however, what tools do you have access to, and what are you trying to accomplish?

basically, all i got is flash 5 and of course photoshop. I want to make a big letter S spin around on its axis. in the tuts here i did the tut with the spinning 0, but prob is i cant draw the S free hand and i cant find a font suitable for this, because for example u cant color in the inside a diff color to the outline(so i cant have black outline and gradient color in middle). plus it takes ages just to do one spinning thing and is making me go absolutely nuts!! if i want to do more letters i will go mad and u will have to commit me to the mental asylum lol.
    any suggestions? its vv much appreciated.

What...Color
    What...Font
    What...Size
    What...Format

After you tell me I could do it.

hmmm... for something like this, you will need either to do two things. one, do the painstaking task of doing it frame, by frame by hand manipulation... or by doing it with a program more specialized in doing such a task.

you just need a spinning S? shoot... tell me what font, and I'll do it for you. knowing what color, and what effect you're trying to accomplish, then I'll do it.

be specific.

[edit] Just saw that WMLeeBo responded too. You have two options now.

Thankz both of yiz...but i wanna learn how to do it myself....gerbrick, u say i need something more specific, i am willing to invest a lil bit of $$$, if u know of a worthy program (that isnt too dificult to master tho). what u suggest?(acually anything free would be even better)

oops there is a threAd relating to free 3d progs. will check it out...thx 4 the help!

Gerbick suggest Swift 3d by Erain.

http://www.erain.com
    [Edited by WMLeeBo on 09-08-2002 at 05:17 PM]

WMLeeBo, look at your url again... misspelled it.

However, WMLeeBo is correct. Since you have Flash, and the type of 3D you want to do is rather simple, the $159.00 USD investment into Swift3D 2.0 made by eRain would be my first recommendation. And it comes with my highest recommendation...

and buying now, ensures that you get the soon-to-be-released v3.0 of the progam. And they have a 30 -day money back guarantee, but I doubt that you'll return it... tell 'em gerbick sent ya'!

I see no misspelling. And no I didn't edit/delete.