A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flicker and Cinema4d help

Hi,
    I have Cinema 4D R7, but i dont know how 2 use Flicker in it to put things into .swf mode. Can anyone help me, im pretty much a newb to Cinema 4D?
    Thanks

[mod edit] guys theres no help here. what the hell? [/mod edit]

-Watch the language. I understand you're frustrated, but that's not allowable here at FK, ok?

[small]
    [Edited by gerbick on 09-10-2002 at 12:30 AM]

whoa, dude. chill out.

I'm not a cinema user, and the only person that I know of on these boards, I personally e-mailed them directly yesterday when I saw this post.

anyway, after perusing the flicker site, it seems like you change the renderer to flicker's render, and you then output to *.swf... or so I think... manual doesn't clear it up for you any?

hahaha sorry man
    the manual doesnt help cuz it doesnt let me use their renderer initially, im porbably gonna have 2 try it again.

right. so, you're telling me that you can't choice your renderer from the render tab/dialog within cinema?

Ah whatever it still doesnt work. But when i import a normal .mov file into Flash 5, It doesnt show in the final result. Do i need to use a different file name (.avi doesnt work either). This is when i render from C4D and put the renedered movie into flash.

erm, I don't think it's meant to be used like that. you use render out the animation as a flash *.swf file, and you import THAT into flash... not the *.mov or *.avi files.

sounds to me like you're not rendering with flicker at all. you need to change your default renderer to flicker.

give me a second. I'm going to do some research.

here you go.

ok... so, you've installed Flicker, right? Select Render Settings under the Render menu. Click on Effects. Open the Post Effect menu and select Flicker from the list. Click on the "..." button and enter the desired Output Filename, for example navigate to the root of your hard disk and enter tutorial.swf as filename.

If you are using the evaluation version of Flicker, click on Output and set the frame range to one frame, for example set it to go from frame 1 to frame 1. This is because the evaluation version is limited to render one one frame.

Press OK to close the Render Settings dialog box.

Then, when you are ready to render... Select Render to Picture Viewer under the Render menu. Say Yes to the "There is no file name specified for the rendering image", since Flicker will output a SWF file directly, bypassing C4D. When the render finishes you will find the swf file in your disk.

Please read the Reference chapter for information on the parameters that affect the quailty and size of the generated swf.

btw, all of the above was found in the documentation folder.

is there any that i dont have 2 use flicker and just import a normal video into C4D without having 2 use flicker. Or would i have 2 cut and past Pic by Pic untill i shoot myself

ok. what do you want to do? why even bring flicker into the equation?

you can render, from cinema - read the manuals - animations out to avi. Without even using flicker.

flicker is for rendering your 3d animations to flash. read it's manual.

so. what exactly do you want to do? I'm not following your questions at all. please help me, help you.

otherwise, can I suggest here... they have discussion lists that deal with only cinema4d. Unfortunately, cinema4d is not a widely used application here. sorry about that.

anwyay, I've asked all I can ask. ....awaiting your answer.

thx,
    well what im trying to do is make a cartoon using 3D. So im going to use parts of the movie as a 3D cartoon while other parts are going to combine normal 2D flash elements. I just dont have the time or effort to make things in flash look 3D. So i was wondering if it is possible to import downloaded files into flash, export the file afterwords in a form like .AVI but still keep somewhat of a small file?

imported avi's into flash != small files.

so, my recommendations? use the flicker plugin. you paid for it, so contact them with your questions on how to render your Cinema4D animation from 3D to *.swf. They're liable to help you out better than me, the non-Cinema4D user, could ever.

anyway, render the 3D animation, as you were expecting to a *.swf file. collage that with your 2D elements in Flash.

you just need to understand one thing first. you will have to render the 3d parts to *.swf, then most likely do your edits, what not, in Flash...

it's not that hard. read the manuals. apply some creativity. all should work out fine... good luck.