A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need helpsending a swish e-mail

need help when sending a email sometimes the swf show-up then other time it does not how do i insure that when i send a swish e-mail they see the movie insead of a html code?

basically you can't.

Some servers reject swf content on there email.
    Yahoo mail for example blocks swf's.

What you can do is link to a file on a server. If the recipeint wishes to veiw the content you can link to it in your email.

Or you can,,,
    Export the file as an attachment avi.

Or convert the swf into an exe and send as an attachment.
    However some servers block exe's as they can contain viruses as well some people won't open an exe for the same reason.

Actually if you don't have a giant swi file you can export it as an avi and then convert it to a gif and send it.
    Works pretty good ! Your have to use animation shop or find an avi to gif converter. http://download.com.com/3000-2186-10...l?tag=lst-0-18 About 20 dollars but make sure
    to try the product first to make sure its meets your needs.
    Animation shop is a Jasc product and is free with the purchase of PSP7. Please note I've only used this for very small file sizes.
    Best Wishes.
    Rguy1

I tried messing around with some larger files today and they seemed to bog down. I could take a picture say 100 by 100 and apply say a transform effect with whole object selected and it did fairly well but when I tried adding muliple text effects well it just slowed the entire animation down even after trying to speed the frame rate up.
    So Frets was correct in suggesting that if your going to send it --your probally better of sending it as an avi where it could be opened and watched on the media player or posted on a site.
    Best Wishes
    RGuy1