A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: contracting question

Hello again my friends,

What types of specifics should be put into a contract? And if once the contract is fulfilled should I give a client the .fla's?(after I am paid of course) But should I keep a copy of the .fla's for my personal records?

check out nocrapchurch's site really helpful:
    www.scottmanning.com

I would never include the fla's unless you charge them more for them. Alot more at that. because they can then essentially take your intellectual property and go give it to someone else and let them basically steal your work.

The Minister of No Crap

Originally posted by Frank Nitty
    Hello again my friends,

What types of specifics should be put into a contract? And if once the contract is fulfilled should I give a client the .fla's?(after I am paid of course) But should I keep a copy of the .fla's for my personal records?
    Here's a direct link for you:

Client Tip # 1: Always have a contract

Hope that helps.

-scott

since my question is about contracts too, I thought I might as well ask here...

I got a contract ready, but the thing is, how binding is it? isn't it possible that the client still wouldn't pay anyway? I'm concerned about this cuz this client is in Europe and I'm in Canada.

Thanks for any comments on this.

I am facing a similar problem because I am using a sub-contractor who is outside of the U.S. where I am located. I would say that your contract would not be binding because it is written by the standards of Canadien law and would only be applicable in Canada. Obviously, it would very difficult to enforce this contract if there is a breach of the contract.