A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: generator question

Anyone one here know generator?

I have a question about file size. I have a solid flash file hardcoded in flash, just a jpg and two lines of text, a fade in and out.... pretty simple. Its a 9k swf. I've try to generator-ize it so that I can make dupe swfs by chaging the jpg file name and the two lines of text in an external txt file. Well.... the swfs created are like 50k!!!! Why? Even with just the two lines of dynamic text they're like 45k!!! Is this just because its from generator? I don't get it. I've seen generator stuff online like at http://www.jzox.com that don't get up to 50k..... some text with more advanced per-letter animation on them only come to 2k!!!

Any help here would be appreciated

psx = new Moderator();
    Hey -
    Are you using flash mx or flash 5? To load a jpeg in mx is a walk in the park. not as easy in 5, but you probably don't need generator to do it. I don't have any idea why your file is so large though! My only thought was that the generator files don't use any sort of compression that you get when you manually import the jpeg? I haven't used generator at all, so I may just be shooting in the dark here. At any rate, is mx a possibility?

Psx

Cof cat, on the generator object that creates the jpg you can tell it what quailty to make the jpg. My guess is you have that set to 100

hope this helps