A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

Thanx for sharing this with us. This is so far the best I have seen among slideshows.

Downloading and opening was also as easy as it could be. My guess: you have a mac.

[Edited by cancerinform on 09-16-2002 at 10:59 AM]

I think MX doesn't like me cuz its either me or god knows what, but I can never get the images to load! No matter what i do, the images never show up in the .fla or .html when published. Can you guys who have gotten this code to work shed light on how you have your photos set-up and what not in relation to the .fla? thnx!

i pressume it would be easy enough

copy and paste the code below inplace of the existing portions concerned.

paste

if(whichWay=="neg"){
    _global.seed=maxSeed;
    } else if(whichWay=="pos"){
    _global.seed=seed;
    }

in place of

_global.seed = seed;

paste

MovieClip.prototype.photoGallery = function(whichWay,

on top of

MovieClip.prototype.photoGallery = function(

then paste

if (seed<maxSeed || maxSeed<seed) {

in place of

if (seed<maxSeed) {

then paste

if(whichWay=="neg"){
    _global.seed=maxSeed-1;
    } else if(whichWay=="pos"){
    _global.seed=seed+=1;
    }

in place of

_global.seed = seed += 1;

then paste

photoGallery("neg",

inplace of

photoGallery(

That should be it. It might not work though i haven't checked it.
    [Edited by buggedcom on 09-16-2002 at 07:22 PM]

well i changed the code where it should be changed but i get 3 errors from it and after fixing that it not work (
    maybe i replaced wrong things ?!? i tried 3 times but end up always with a not working gallery. code you place complete altered code. I would really like it to load the images the otherway.

thnx in advange.

assenoost

danlee
    Are you using the code or the component. If your using the code try downloading the new version of the component from
    http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&postid=70220
    (photoGallery_v3.zip) It's much more versitile and has many more options that the original code....or copy the code from there. What are the three errors? As far as i know the v3 component has been used and the only bugs that i can find are in the roll over states of the arrows in the new vertical scroll function(as well as a sticky scroller in the vertical scroll).

assenoost
    Yes sorry about that I tried to push it into the code and it didn't work either. I will try to work it into the new component version. It is actually a really good suggestion, especially if you are updating additional jpegs. The other thing i will also add if the possibility of getting the image details from a txt file and /or array, in keeping with the train of thought. DominumBelli
    over on the thread above has come up with a way of adapting the code to read an array of the root.

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    sorry to disturb you script guys with my question, but...

I am probably the newest of the newbees but I have to say I admire your code...
    what a work and that you just posted it:
    RESPECT!

my question:
    how can I see/edit a code?
    I downloaded your version3.fla file
    but I don't know where to be able to edit the code

thnx again
    RookY

drag an instance of the component onto the stage, right click and choose "edit"

This will open up the component for you to fiddle with. In this case, all of the code is in frame one.

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    ah...

in the properties panel ->parameters
    life is that easy...

so I can just copy a code and paste it there?
    and if I want to get a code from a .fla file?
    is there a way to get is with all the comments? like the code posted here?

Unfortunately, no. The comments were removed when it was changed into a component.

What I did to edit the component was pretty much just read though the entire thing, work out how it was built (referring to the original code that was posted here helped) and added/modified my own code in the component.

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    Originally posted by rooky
    life is that easy...
    I take back what I said:
    life is not that easy all the time

I will read through it
    on a rainy day probably

thnx

v6

ok here it is v6

grab the update from
    http://www.actionscripts.org/forums/...0548#post70548

updates include
    There is now the option to see more than one layer of thumnails in the vertical scrolling option. What it does is squashes thumbnails into a specified no. of lines in the same space of the mask height that normally 1 thumbnail fits into. You can specify an unlimited no. of lines, but the thumbs might get rather small if you do not increase the mask height.

2. The vertical scrolling, arrow roll over states have been fixed (at least i think so. I didn't change the code, they just started working properly all of a sudden)

3. Due to a request on this post by assenoost i have also added a feature that reverses the loading prosses. for example if the maxSeed was twenty and the seed was 5 instead of loading thumb 5 first then 6, 7, 8 etc you now have the option to set it in reverse to go 20, 19, 18, 17 etc etc down to 5. This means that if you are using the component to display new pictures it can be set so the newest pictures are displayed first. This is most usefull with the next point and in the coming updates, as i am working on a php solution (contrary to what i said before, i thought i'd keep this in the public domain as it feels good to share) so that means no more manually updating the fla when installing more pics.

4. In conjunction with the above change, and several requests from the posts I have given you the option to load the trgt variables from a txt file. For the moment it is a static txt file named 'galleryData.txt' (included in the zip below) but i will change it so you can create variables from the root to update the component with new txt file's names or directory locations. Please be aware that if you change the setting to txt from component any of the component data involving the thumbs / images / seed data becomes overwritten (it might be obvious i know but i thought i'd tell you anyway)
    You may notice that there is also an option to grab the data from an array but this is not yet finished, will be shortly in time for the next update.

5. A small thing, but you can now specify how far apart the arrows are verticaly from one another in the left and right settings.

I think that's it. Just to let you know, when this beast has finally finished i will provide a very detailed description / instruction list on all the features of the gallery. most probably a .doc file, but i'll post a txt file as well for those of you on a mac and without the overpriced microsoft program.

let me know again if you spot any bugs, or if you can think of anything else to add. For the next update i will also be implementing a zoom feature that will work on any image that has been squashed in the image box. To ensure picture quality it will only zoom to _xscale = 100, so if you want this to work, make the images much larger than the imagebox size.

HI
    one more feature for the WishList.
    You should also have an option of adding photo captions
    I would really like that.
    the captions could be in a txt file like
    captions.txt

I've been informed / found out that my server that the preview of the gallery was hosted on just ran out of bandwidth, 512mb in 6 days!!!!! and the preview was all that was on there. I've signed another account up and the preview can be found at

http://buggedcom2.50megs.com/photoGallery_7i.html

although give me a few mins to set it up properly.

will add caption option soon.

Many thanx for the new code the reverse option works very good and i think it made this photogallery much better

i have a question though. I dunno if this is possible. but could a txt be connected to the images too ?!?! is that possible ?!?! Like when loaded the full image. A description of the image comes in wich people can read about the photo or whatever.

I also was wondering if you are thinking of placing an option for pop-ups in it ?!? i also dunno if that can be done. But it seems handy to me. when people use this on a website they might have not much room to show a good detailed photo. But if it creates the image into a popup it don't needs the space on the website then. Or that the image in the imagebox can act like a button to and that opens up a new window ?!?!

Anyway my respects for making such a good quality photogallery

great work!!!

Assenoost
    [Edited by assenoost on 09-20-2002 at 09:40 AM]

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    I have to say that I DO like the text idea..

hopefully we are not asking too much

i was already working on one...

... text idea that is, though the launch url thought has come across my mind to. see below for new stuff. The new download is at

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/s...1257#post71257

ok nearly drained of all my energy now. Php is up and running. zoom function working.

PHP Usage notes
    When the php file reads the file names, it reads them from the image directory, and it also reads them like so...

image_1,image_10,image_11,image_12,image_13,image_ 2,image_3,image_4,image_5,image_6,image_7,image_8, image_9

so to combat this and to get it to display the files in order name your files with zeros

ie image_01,image_02,image_03,image_04,image_05,image _06,image_07,image_08,image_09,image_10,image_11,i mage_12,image_13 ..etc

also if your images go into the 100's you have to add 00 to get them to arrange correctly.

ie image_001,image_002,image_003,image_004,image_005, image_006,image_007,image_008,image_009,image_010, image_011,image_012,image_013...etc

then if it's thousands add 000, etc etc
    There probably is a way to edit the php to get it to display them correctly without doing this but I am not that great at php, so if anyone wants to help it would be apprciated.

Array usage
    There are two arrays that the component now reads from if you are using the array method for directory info. one is where the thumbnails are located, the other is for the images locations. If you don't put the matching images and thumbnail sets in each of the appropriate arrays you will get a mix match, obvious really

Caption notes
    You can now add captions to your images. the component will either read an array from a txt file, read the file name, read an array from the component(and thus anywhere from the _root) or it will display none at all.

zoom notes
    The zoom is in various stages of completion, the zoom function works only when the image you are importing is shrunk below 95 of the xscale or yscale. It will only zoom up to the 100 of either scale so to stop image degridation. I will add a setting to allow your discression of max scale sizing and low scale sizing. Once zoomed in you will be able to move the image around but not yet...TBA

Thats it for now me thinks. Last post tomorrow for two weeks as i am traveling back home to the uk to find a house to go back to college for my final year.

buggedom

kewl will check the new version and test it. It sounds nice. Hope the open url function can be added too sometime like if I have some photo's that i want to show in real good detail, so the image has to be big and won't even fit in normal browser window, then it really would be nice that you could add a url to each image that will open a new browser window with the large photo in it...

well you deserve some rest now i guess this must have been a real breainbreaker Really amazing work !!!
    keep it up

greetz...

Assenoost

[Edited by assenoost on 09-24-2002 at 11:47 AM]

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    is there an award for people that are putting a lot of energy into something????

because I think you should win it

am checking the new version out!

*EDIT*
    http://buggedcom2.50megs.com/photoGallery_7i.html
    is not working. Doesn't exist :S
    [Edited by rooky on 09-24-2002 at 10:03 PM]

this rules.

you are my new hero

tweening code incorporated with this code

This is the BIG MAMMA for sure...

Where would you code a tween in this monster...or is there a way to create a tween and incorporate the loaded.jpgs into it???

If anyone knows how to do this tweening thing and dynamic images, please point me in the right direction. Not sure if I have to code all of it or not??

Here is an example of what I'm doing. I created movie clip with stupid tween with the ocean. I then do a loadmovie .jpg into "test" movie clip [loadMovie("golfball.jpg","test");
    ] hoping that the golfball will take on the tween, but it does NOT.

http://www.studioxmedia.com/load.swf

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Andrea
    [Edited by fitchic77 on 09-25-2002 at 12:36 PM]