A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it but a zoom function would be great- an icon along side the print button where the user can zoom into the main image.

yeah i did try getting one two work but i was havnig problems with interfernece between the zoom and scrolling functions and the image squashnig funstions, that was a few versions ago though and the code is tidier so i could try adding one again, although i don't think i'll do one for it's next release because i've only got eight weeks to get all my **** together for my final end of year show and i haven't finished one project yet
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery
    microsite direct download

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

sizing help please?

I have the original protogallery .fla downloadable on flashkit and the document size is 800 x 500 I have tried to resize this so as to get rid of the unecessary whitespace but ever time I try it stuffs up the layout??

Can anyone explain / show me / suggest a way to resize this great little image gallery?

Peace
    Pippin
    Chip the glasses and crack the plates! Blunt the knives and bend the forks! That's what Bilbo Baggins hates-Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

hi pippin all i can say is that the positioning of the protogallery is extremeley buggy. have you tried using imageWeaver to create a gallery. Although it is a little more complex you have much greater controll over it. if you do try to use imageweaver, just bear in mind that there are one or two minor bugs around. I would try and help you but i only have a week till my final degree assesment , so if you can wait till after then, i can then help you.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

er your links not working ... i think because the url has been asterixed out by flashkit
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

looks good.

how skinnable is it though?
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

hmm trying to hijack the thread are we...
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    hi buggedcom

I emailed you
    did you get it?
    greetz
    RookY
    •°o.O(_.·`¯ ReSPeCT¯`·._)O.o°•

yeah rooky, i'll check out your problem tonight.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    thnx

I added you to MSN, so if you want to maybe we can chat about it sometime

ciao
    RookY
    •°o.O(_.·`¯ ReSPeCT¯`·._)O.o°•

Sweet slide!

I can preview it, but am having trouble using it. Can anyone lay down the "for idiots" basic setup of this? Just a real basic walkthrough of setting the badass thing up!

madameerg if you're talking about imageWeaver then i'm in the middle of creating a microsite for it which will explain a lot. also install it via the mxp / extension manager, drag it from the components panel then follow the user interface panel. i will be updating it for three different user levels. beginner, intermediate and advanced. each will have their own interface and setup procedures for each. follow the threads below each contains background material. if you still need a guide, if you buy something off my amazon wishlist then i will help you one to one via messengers.

http://www.actionscripts.org/forums/...5&pagenumber=1

http://www.buggedcom.co.uk/forum/vie...hp?t=2&start=0

send me an email if you want private help.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

Hey, that is veary good, as you can tell, I'm a newbe and could probly never do anyhting like that, bt still, that is nice.

Hi Bugged-

I like your slideshow, but I cannot seem to download it anywhere. When I click a download link on your site I get a PHP file.

I'm on a MAC running OSX. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

depending on the browser you are using it will download a php file because the app doesn't know how to handle the incoming file. explorer is particularily bad at thi i find (i'm os x as well), all you have to do is rename the downloaded php file to something with a zip extension.

ie

download.php == archive.zip

you should then be able to unpack hte file.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

Buggedcom, Thank you for your offer to help. I would be glad to purchase something off your wishlist for all your efforts, generosity and willingness to help idiots like me use this thing! Shoot me an email at madaneerg@hotmail to figure out how we can do this and what you want off that list.

Thanks again.

Thank you. It's funny, something must be different because I didn't even have to rename it today.

Resizing component

Hi Buggedcom

I recently looked at the new version and it's getting better and better! Like the easy 'properties wizzard'!

I thought I finally try to make a gallery with your component.

Unfortunately I ran into some difficulties:

I like to make the photo window on the right a lot bigger. I resized the whole component. But the thumbnail window on the left takes to much place in comparison of the photo window. So I tried to make the thumbnail window smaller and the photo window bigger. But things got a mess

Is there a simple way to change size?

- Perhaps different (size) lay outs can be implemented in your component. So in the setup (properties) one can choose of 1 colomn of thumbnails and a big photo window or 2 colomns and a somewhat smaller photo window, 3 colomns of thumbs etc.

- I used your working example. When setting up the .mpx I couldn't configure the switch option (p1). Strange.

Hope you can give me some feedback on resizing. Thanks!!

Cheers!

hi grubbel,

glad you finally decided to hop onboard, sorry your having problems.

resizing

the currrent way to resize stuff is not so simple, for the 'image window', there is only one main thing that you have to resize, the image boundaries. bascially the image is squashed to the width and height of the boundaries mc, then if you wish to change the viewing area, you have to change the mask movie clip.

for the thumbnails, it kinda depends on which scrolling direction you have choosen. For horizontal scrolling the images are fitted to the mask, so if the mask is smaller than the thumbs, the thumbs are squased to the mask height, where as scrolling vertically, it also depends on the number of scrollable levels you have choosen. the levels are squashed equally to the height of the mask and the thumbs are squashed to the layer. there is no current way of controlling the no of thumbs in one layer, so it all depends on the width of the thumbs mask, although you could adapt the thumbnail framing option to fit that purpose.

the gallery switcher is a bit crappy to be honest and takes up to much code and i will be changing it, although it should still work. there are still a few bugs around and i am in the process of a major revamp, both the code, the setup and the user interface so it will keep getting better. Below are a few things that you can look forward to.

// CODE
    - dramatically reduced code, removed 700 lines (so far)
    - speed optimized code
    - less getter setters, but better performing
    - sorted file parsing issues through reorganising the code

// UI
    - "babysteps" setup, exact setup procedure and directions for creating the directory and seting up the text files
    - advanced setup procedure, 'no molycodling'
    - stored setups in sharedObject for quick setups
    - save-able setups in text files that can be reloaded
    - menu on same screen
    - new design and layout

// FEATURES
    - xml data input option
    - asp data input from which i need help with the asp
    - combined the text files for better performance and ease of use
    - gd / imagemagick image library watermarking to force downloaded images
    - fixed printing bug
    - more state handlers for the option buttons
    - gallery switcher menu xml output, for various xml menus
    - file not found error detection (a bit buggy so might not include it)

// MISC
    - two versions through installed, one with getter setters and debugger, and one without
    - the later is lighter on kb but might not be as customisabel as required

any other suggestions or queries?
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

Thanks!

Hi Bugged,

Thanks for your help! I already resized the image window with success.

Any idea when the new version with all the new things will be about ready?

greetz