A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

hi grubbel.

thanks, the design was just a quick one i through up, nothing major. in answer to your questions, yes there will be a standard design to work from not the one you see online.

as per the gallery switching i know that's not very clever navigation and is realistically very poor, however it was made in much less code than the original and the menu was create outside of imageWeaver independantly using imageweaver's dynami array.

imageWeaver is under going a complete remake, from ui to the core code, and now features many more things including image download watermarking and asp support. however the best change is very exciting, having talked to mr 10 whose gallery component is under going changes, he suggested that breaking up the component into individual component parts was very worth while. so now when the next verion is finished imageWeaver comes in parts. just drag and drop the parts onto the stage and voila imageWeaver automatically connects to them, but this is not all. you can also put different parts of imageWeaver in different swfs, and if they are live at the same time they will communicate with each other.

this will allow for smaller file sizes as the code will not exist if you don't want the option.

yes content management will be a feature, not for a while though and it's won't be free either as not being a student anymore i have to make some money somewhere, however saying this imageWeaver will remain free and so will the support. currently the content management is php only but i do have plans to get someone to convert the code eventually to asp.

also upcoming is database support but that will not be free either.

I'll look forward to releasing 1.5.0 soon (in upgrading to 1.2.0 i've put so many changes in i had to move straight to 1.5.0), and hopefully recieving something in the post.

BTW thanks to Louis whoever you are, he sent me the matrix reloaded soundtrack, it's sweet
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery
    microsite direct download

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

Rival??

Love your imageweaver, but i think you got a rival, MF has made somethin called FDIV and it looks promising, heres its page www.mf-fdiv.tk or if that dont work try his index page www.mfindex.tk
    Last edited by DAY JA VEW; 07-11-2003 at 03:19 AM.
    Day Ja Vu
    ??Midi2Audio??

I haven't really checked it out but he did post earilier in this post. to be honest, no offense to anyone elses work, but the next version is going to be the most kiass component there is. from splitting up imageweaver into seperate components it has allowed me to develop imageweaver further. Also some of the imageweaver component parts are able to stand alone and act as individual components for use in other projects. Although i don't think i will ever make the component macromedia skinabble (i think that the MM style format, while although usefull is not usefull enough if you are building advanced projects), the eventual backend elements will make mine the king grin grin. however i will download FDIV and take a look, but i ge tthe impression it is programmed by a programmer and not a designer where as imageweaver is programmed by a designer to be able to be used in any project.

MF if you read this i'm going to download you component and then let you know what i think.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

Brand new FDIV version has been released just now, its looking good!
    get all the info here www.mf-fdiv.tk
    And BuggedCOM do you mind me posting here?
    Day Ja Vu
    ??Midi2Audio??

Get Current Image

Ok. So the download image feature isn't working yet. So what I want to do is use the image handlers function to open the image in a new browser window.

Sounds simple, right?

Ok, I add a function to the image handler, say I'll call it "imageGetter". On the root timeline, I create the function with a variable to capture the image.

function imageGetter(image){
    trace(image){
    }

What is returned is the movieclip instance name of the image. Something like _level0.instance36.image.mc

Now. the next step is to find out what the actual image URL is for that image. This will be a string like "galleries/1998/photos/image001.jpg"

Once I get this URL, I can do a getURL(imageString,"_blank") to pop up the new window so the user can save the image.

So, how do I query the movie clip to find out what the path name is of the stored image? I'm sure there's a way but I can't find it.

Also- if anyone has fixed the forcedownload problem, please post the solution here because it would make life simpler.

Here's the website I'm working on. Choose "photos" from the menu.

http://www.wildinthewoods.com

thanks
    Daryl

daryl, the download image function does work, it's just it's a little buggy, as long as you are downloading the images from the same folder as the main images folder it works.

you will also need to have php running.

there is no way to get the url without hacking the code... here's what to do...
    around line 1712 look for the function

code:
    gal.prototype.createButton_image = function() {

the find the onRelease function inside that function and replace it with this

code:
    			this.image.mc.onRelease = function() {
    _root[cB.imageReleaseChangeHandler](this, cB.urlArray[cB.indexNum]);
    };

then try this function as the state handler

code:
    function imageGetter(image, url){
    trace(arguments){
    }

also no need to double post you can just post in one of the threads to get my attention
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

NOT THE _ROOT

AHH NOT THE _ROOT !!!! ... how can you make a prototype and use _root ???? What is the point of a component then ? It wont run if you load it externally....

use:

this._parent
    this._parent._parent

this["name of your movieclip"]._parent

etc...

along with eval, which is fast
    footer removed, please make sure your footer fits the guidelines here

Re: NOT THE _ROOT

AHH NOT THE _ROOT !!!! ... how can you make a prototype and use _root ????
    firstly it's not a prototype, it's part of a class function

What is the point of a component then ? It wont run if you load it externally....
    it will run if it is loaded externally, you just have to contain the functions in the loader swf, a mistake i know, but at the time i hadn't thought of that, this has been corrected in the upcoming version, you can assign a location else it will look to the parent as you suggest
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

Ah hA! I see. So you change the image Handler to pass the URL in addition to the instance name. Very clever. Sorry for the double post... I didn't realize you still check these forums so frequently!!

Well, I tried the forcedown feature, however I had a problem. You see, I cycle through my images/galleries, and I see an image I want to download. I click the "download" button, and the box pops up asking to open or save. I choose which I want to do, and the web page with the pictures returns.

Ok that's great! But THEN I try to save ANOTHER picture. This time it gives me the following error:

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.

This is the URL in the window that appears:
    http://www.redlimit.net/wildinthewoo...es/2003_03.jpg

And that image does indeed exist.

soooo... I'll try your URL hack to see how that works..

------------------------------------
    p.s. Thanks for your help. Do you have a mailing list I can get on to notify me about the next release?
    Last edited by d-rail-2002; 07-24-2003 at 06:36 PM.

ah actually i realised i just added the url option to the image handler and not the actual image link. i'll check and change in the morning. you could find the param for yourself i think that it is somethin like imageArray etc etc anyway if you can't find it i'll check up tomorrow.

as regards to the checking, i'm still subscribed to all the related threads so i receive the emails whenever a new post is made
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that didn't work. I think the error is in this code:

this.image.mc.onRelease = function() {
    _root[cB.imageReleaseChangeHandler](this, cB.urlArray[cB.indexNum]);
    };

because the URL isn't getting passed to the function. I tried using this.cB.urlArray[cB.indexNum] as the arguement, as well as _root.cB.urlArray[cB.indexNum] , but that didn't work either.

The reason I think this is the problem is because when I trace the first arguement (image), it passes fine. (it passes the _level0.instance2.image.mc string). The second arguement in the same function doesn't pick up.

After making the mods to the code around line 1712 as you suggested, I changed the parameter for the image handler onRelease function to call "imageGetter".

Next, I placed the function imageGetter on the root timeline in the level called "simple actions". It is a few levels above the keyframe where the imageWeaver control is stored.

The function looks like this:

function imageGetter (image,imageURL){
    getURL(imageURL,"_blank");
    }

When this URL is passed, nothing happens. I know the function is getting called, because when I replace imageURL with "http://www.yahoo.com", a new browser window opens with Yahoo.

So the only solution I see is to make sure that the cB.urlArray[cb.indexNum] arguement is the correct syntax to call the image URL.

Thanks for your help,
    ~Daryl

Ah! Ok. Well after 6 hours of looking at it, I see now how to do it. Using your code, but replacing imageArray instead of urlArray, the desired effect is acheived.

Thanks again,
    Daryl

First of all want to say GREAT JOB! Never seen anything like that!
    But, of course, I gotta have a problem... it just don't work here...
    I've downloaded your photoGallery_vartV3, tried it and it didn't work here... I saved the file (fla) in the dame folder with my pictures, it also has the "thumbnails" folder in it, but it just doesn't load the pictures... When I try to play it inside the Flash itself I get this error message

Error opening URL "file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Ingale/My%20Documents/gallery/Pics/thumbnails/DCP_1.jpg"
    I tried to rename all the thumbs to DCP_1.jpg, DCP_2.jpg etc and nothing... doesn't work...
    When I tried to publish the movie it just stucks in the beginning and thats it.

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong? PLEAE HELP ME!
    Thank you very much!

aight. First of all, it works, so stop trippin already. Now. You can't just go all up and loadin the shat straight from yo hard drive, aight? Upload it to a php server and test it there, dog!

Next, I know there aint much documentation, but read this whole thread and read all the stuff in the component parameters help files. Then come back and post your specific questions.

thanks for coming to my defense d-rail (btw if you had read my follow up post to my answer it may have saved you those six hours! )

Ingale, Do what d-rail said, read the thread, learn about components, set the component up in the component parameters window and then it'll work

Also if you insit on using a development version of the gallery then you must expect problems like that, it's like using windows 95 and trying to run a windows xp program on it, it just won't work. download the latest version in from the link in my signature, set the interface, then there you go, there are still one or two bugs, but mostly they are minor bugs, none of which effect the actual core features of the gallery, but the extra options.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

bugged, a question plz

i have used your component with great success (only the basics, no printing,no downloading,no gallery switching) and i can't thank you enough.
    I have a prob though.
    I want to use it again but don't know what to resize to make the image larger! i want to make it about 320x240 and bigger if possible, but then i would have problem with the othe parts of the component if viewed in a small screen.
    If you could tell me what i have to resize i would be grateful
    ~m@gma~

all you have to do is go into the component then find the layer

REQUIRED : image boundaries

in the main parts layer folder. once you have the layer found locate the mc that is in that layer and go inside it. adjust the box to you required size. if you have image squashing and image centering turned on then the image will be centered and squashed to that mc's boundaries, simple as that really. be sure adjust the mask to the boundary so you can see you image.

you follow?
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

yes thank you, i did it. the only thing left is to redesign the background (lines etc) to fit the image. thanks alot
    ~m@gma~

no problems. i would liek to see the finished results when you're done if you don't mind
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

The Producer
    Hi.

How difficult would it be to add description field to each photo when you add the pics so that it gets displayed beneath the pic?

MtraX
    [url=http://mtrax.tblog.com]Free Ringtone Downloads & Ringtone Conversions[/url
    Web Design South Africa