A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

you can already do this in the current version of imageWeaver, download it from my sig
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery
    microsite direct download

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

The Producer
    Ta - sorry for the ignorance :-)

MtraX
    http://www.mp3.com/mantatrax - thanx for listening to my music!
    [url=http://mtrax.tblog.com]Free Ringtone Downloads & Ringtone Conversions[/url
    Web Design South Africa

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    hi buggedcom.

it has been a while
    but still following your project (or should we call it your child by now ;-)

take a look:
    Amsterdam Crusaders Foto Gallery
    (part of Amsterdam Crusaders American Football Club)
    still working on it, but it runs now.

the 1.5.0 is looking promising
    when will it be released??? (didn't you stated 'august'?)

thnx
    RookY

hi rooky. yes i had stated august and the alpha is so close to being ready... but you know what 1.5.0 doesn't work in the goddamn 7.0.14 player....... i could release it almost immediatly if i was happy with it but as the new player is released it has to be compatible really. God damn..... aaarrrrggghjhh it's really annoying.

There are three things confusing and frustrating. 1. it works fine in the flash mx 2004 authoring preview. 2. the thumbs load in the flash player but not the image. 3. nothing loads in the browser, not even the xml data. It is really confusing the feck out of me. I can only think it is a bug to be honest.

btw have you downloaded the trial yet. I can't say i like the new environment. The reference panel was better the way it was. an i can't stand the new actionscript panel, especially with the anti-aliased text. if you use too small a font and the wrong kind of font, the letters get cut off and evertything. I DO NOT LIKE ANTI ALIASED TEXT AND I WISH I COULD TURN IT OFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    No, I have not downloaded the trial version.
    After flash 5 I thought they made a good improvement with MX (6)

and strange that the new version is so badly compatible with the last one!
    didn't Macromedia contact you yet? their fault bro.

hope you figure it all out.
    •°o.O(_.·`¯ ReSPeCT¯`·._)O.o°•

Hi Bugged,

That's bad news!

Very strange when things suddenly don't work right. And very frustrating. Could be a MM bug indeed. When releasing FP 6 they had a major bug with the streaming thing.

Hope you can figure it out!

Lots of succes!

p.s. I hope the new release of image weaver has a next-previous option/button for viewing images.

remember FDIV

hi fdiv has become really good in its new verison 1.5, and its variable maker is very promising, take a look at www.mf-fdiv.tk
    Day Ja Vu
    ??Midi2Audio??

hmm your links that are hosted on geocities are down...

imageWeaver 2.0.0.b12

The new imageWeaver will be online as of the end of this weekend. Read below for the new features...

There are several things still amiss an i have not tested it on all platforms

There are five major changes to be noted. The first and most important of all of the three is that imageWeaver has now been seperated into component parts. These component parts register with each other onLoad through via the LocalConnection object. Each component detects if it is in the same swf as the others, if it is it communicates to each component through the dot syntax pathway otherwise sends commands over LocalConnection.

Each component now has it's own interface and setup variables. The main component that holds the imageWeaver 'engine' is the iW.Thumbs component, all the core settings like the file names are set through this component. The current list of available components for iW are listed below

1. COMPONENTS

iW.Debug
    This is the next incarnation of the previous debugger system, it has been reorganised so the majority of the code and text can be contained in a seperate swf for the debugging process and therefore takes up less kb than before, you can also trace messages to the debugger seperatley from imageWeaver and use it as a standalone debugger with a global function called 'callDebugger'. please see the reference panel documentation for this

iW.Disable
    When present this acts as a button that disables the loading of the images and thumbnails untill it is pressed, when it activates. You can also set it to delay the loading of the data, but by default the data loads. You can also set it to disable the gallery and hide itself untill you call the public getter setter 'hotwire', please see the reference panel for more information

iW.Download
    This has all the functionality of the previous download option, except now it has extra features. you can now download watermarked images, provided you have the right backend libraries

iW.Favourite
    You can now allow users to add images to a favourites list, which can either be treated as a seperate list (featurning in an upcoming additioanl component, or as a seperate gallery in the menu switcher, or in MM combo box

iW.Image
    This is the other main iW component, the image is loaded into this. It now features two different types of loading techniques. The images can either fade in and out of each other, or they can be replaced as as they were before. if you do not use thjis component you can set an option in the thumbs component that will load the selected images in a new window

iW.Info
    This is exactly the same as in the previous versions. you can load 5 different data strings ito the text boxes, they can be html enabled or simple text depending on which you fancy. you can also set it to 'autofill' the desc1 text filed with the filenmae if the desc1 data string is undefined in the cource file

iW.Link
    This acts the same as in the previous versions, you press it and you get the images assigned url... but you can also now assign window properties aswell as assign other javascript functions to be processed at the same time

iW.Pause
    Acts exactly the same as the within the previous versions, pauses the thumb load

iW.Preload
    This options preloads different types of images / data depending on what you set it to preload. It preloads either image loading, thumbnail loading, group thumbnail loading and data file loading, you can use more than one of the preload components at once, but only if they are preloading different things

iW.Print
    This is more or less the same as in the other versions, except this time it actualy works!! And it also has the added feature of being able to assign a description to the print

iW.Thumbs
    This is the main 'engine' that is the power behind imageWeaver. It controls and distributes all the inforamtion to and from the various component parts. There are many new features that are controlled through the engine, of which all are discussed below. The thumbnails section also has new features. you can now scroll the thumbnails both smoothly (as the horizontal scrolling was before) and the 'jump' scrolling (as the vertical scrolling was before) in both vertical and horizontal scrolling. Also the thumbnail positioning is not automatically controlled anymore. This might sound annoying because it'll take you a little more time to adjust imageWeaver but it allows for much greater control over your thumbnails. You can now also 'autoPause' the loading if an image is being loaded. Another major development is that you can now use other images aside from jpegs within imageWeaver and you don't have to create thumbnails either!!!!. read more below

iW.ThumbTip
    You can assign thumbTip descriptions to different images, similar in part to before, but this time you also have the added option of drag tool tips as apposed to the static variety before. But you still can choose static tips.

iW.Title
    This is again similar to the previous version, except you know have three description vars you can assign to the title

iW.SlideShow
    This enables you to allow users to automatically browse through the images in a slide show. You are able to set the timer for how many milliseconds the image is up. The timer automatically pauses when a new image is loaded so the loading time isn't taken into account in the timer. As well as stop and start buttons, it also features next and previous buttons for easy browsing. The ycan be used independentally from the timer. There are also begining and end buttons which will take you to the first and last images

2. DATA METHODS

XML
    The data types have completley changed, the txt file support has been completly removed and has been replaced by xml support. The data files have also been combined into one gallery xml file for more efficient support and loading

INTERNAL
    Internal settings have also been removed and all the data required by imageWeaver is external.

DYNAMIC SERVER SCRIPTS
    PHP, ASP and COLD FUSION scripts are all now supported by imageWeaver (ASP and COLDFUSION scripts by mikey3521. There are plans in the offing to make use of databases.

DYNAMIC THUMBNAILS AND IMAGE WRAPPING
    imageWeavers serverside scripts will wrap png files within a jpeg format on the fly for loading into flash. Not only can you use different images this way but you can also create jpeg thumbnails on the fly which means you don't have to worry about making sure all your thumbnails are correct for loading as the main images will be automatically process into thumbs for loading. All of these options occur at runtime and do not effect you actual images. however whilst i have checked eveything i can think of, errors may occurr and you use this option at YOU OWN RISK and in now way am i resposible for any damage to your images

3. GALLERY RESTRUCTURE

STRUCTURE RESHUFFLE
    I have now changed the way imageWeaver reads the galleries, you can have multiple groups that contain unlimited other groups and galleries which allows for more dynamic data

4. DATA OBJECTS

OBJECTS
    imageWeaver now process all external data into complex data objects that are on the most part made available to all the spereate components for use with the event handlers (read more in the reference panel and below)

EVENT HANDLERS
    imageWeavers event handlers have been extended and added to. each option has therre own particular events which fire at particular time. each is descibed in the reference panel and each contains different arguments so it is really important to read the information, but from most you have access to all the data that is supplied with the current image
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

5. IMAGEWEAVER PARAMETERS PANEL

PANEL
    imageWeaver now has it's own parameters window. This window does not set any parameters but it downloads updates, new and bug lists, aswell as tutorials and technical information. eventually it will alos provide access to the imageWeaver code base and you will be able to set it to connect with your own gallery online!

THINGS NOT YET COMPLETED IN THE CURRENT BETA
    (order of priority)

EVENT HANDLERS
    While i have done my best to check them not all of the handlers will fire at the correct times or contain the correct arguments

PUBLIC GETTER SETTERS
    I have not even began work on the getter setters so don't expect any for a while

REFERENCE PANEL DOCUMENTATION
    Again have not even started on it yet it will be done as soon as the getter setter are done
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._
    hey...

wonder what the biggest font size will be that you will be using

;-)

thnx man
    will take a look at it this weekend
    •°o.O(_.·`¯ ReSPeCT¯`·._)O.o°•

WOW!!!

That looks great! Looking forward to the new iW!!

Here is an mxp download of the iW 2.0.0.b13 pre beta release. The aesthetics of the release are just what i have been working with, they are not indicative of what will be in the final release.

One feature is missing, the dynamic link back url generator and so are the html templates for this, however everything else is operational. NOTE : that the interfaces read 1.5.0 but they will be changed to 2.0.0 + the build number. You will also be able to check the build version on each component for updates eventually.

Also note that currently only php is supported for dynamic galleries. Eventually i think i will remove dynamic galleries, for database interaction as i have encountered several problems with dynamic galleries although they have been successfully hacked, but it's not very pretty.

Also there is a scroll error when using vertical jump scrolling in the thumbnails

http://www.buggedcom.co.uk/forum/dow...w=detail&id=12
    Last edited by buggedcom; 12-10-2003 at 07:13 AM.
    ~bugged

imageWeaver gallery

_.·`¯°ReLiPMoCeD°¯`·._

Problem with converting to PHP in v1.0.3

I have a fully functioning imageweaver 1.03 using Text File Array

now I want to change it to php file array
    so I changed it in the component parameter to php gallery feeding

but it keeps giving errors
    Code:
    Error opening URL "file:///D|/Crusaders/Flash%20bestandjes/working%20example%20gallery/dirInfo.php?nocache=2004/3/6/14/14/28/247&filepath=galleries/Logo/Schild/images"
    Error opening URL "file:///D|/Crusaders/Flash%20bestandjes/working%20example%20gallery/galleries/categoryInfo.php?nocache=2004/3/6/14/14/28/247&filepath=./&thumbDir=thumbnails&imageDir=images"
    So I thought, that this could happen because I load them locally and maybe it doens't know what to do with php.
    but also on the server it is not working

Do you recommend php as the best option?
    what should I do to just change it to php?
    because I think that will be a great advantage

this is my file
    http://www.amsterdam-crusaders.nl/nl...allery-php.swf
    for the fla:
    http://www.amsterdam-crusaders.nl/nl...allery-php.fla

I did check the right query and checked all the upper/lowercases.

I hope I put it in understandable english
    Hope ANYONE can help me...
    Cheers
    RookY

rocky i see you got this thing to work using the text array. Please help me because I used the php array and got some crazy script errors .

Can anyone upload a compressed folder of a working version of this?

Also, can somone also post an up-to-date post for us ubernoobs out there? There are so many posts for this topic its hard to understand what information applies to the newest version (v 1.0.3 right?).

Is there an easier photogallery out there?
    'In order to drink from the cup of life, you must first fill it up'

I have a question.. i made a photogallery myself but the thumbnails request to load all at the same time. it worked fine in my computer, but when i put it online it was a different story. it says there's script that slows it down and asks if i want to abort it. i think the problem is the order (or nonorder, rather) of loading that causes this.

Might I be correct?

thanks,
    Ramon Miguel M. Tayag

That's fantastic but is it possible to dynamically generate the amount of images according to the amount in a folder instead of specifying a fixed amount?

nope, you have to enter how many pictures you'll load.. let's say 16 is your max. so flash counts 1 to 16.

something like that
    Ramon Miguel M. Tayag

dl issues

how come whenever I try to dl the file from your sig, I get a 1kb file called load??

am I doing something wrong?

my sig? i don't have any...
    Ramon Miguel M. Tayag

sorry, meant buggedcom