A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ASC or AS - Which is "correct"?

I have had an absolutly horrible time with the server-side SO properties and methods. They have been driving me crazy.

On my latest project I have come to a crux. Do I put fourth the effort to learn s-s SO's or do I try to work around the problem and use nothing but client-side SO scripts?

I am wondering if it matters, either, code "cleanliness", or, processing power. I would assume that the server script would run faster and with less "lag", however I am not sure of this. I don't want to work around it if I should, for any reason, even simple "Macromedia Prefrence", or a universal style to do this in.

psx = new Moderator();
    I guess it really depends on what you're trying to do. I'm struggling myself with coming up with a "standard way of doing things". So far, as soon as I find myself doing a workaround on the client, I try and see if it'd possibly be easier on the server.

psx

He Lives!! PSX isn't dead afterall...niftish

Never on AIM....man, I hate Macintosh

BTW what's with the site? It isn't shared drawing??

Anyways, I think that there should be a "better" way to do it. There usually is.

Anyone else?

psx = new Moderator();
    Hey -
    Not sure what's up with my page. It may have just gotten too full! I'm going to hopefully rewrite it tonight. (the better way!).

Hehe. I haven't been on aim cuz' I've been super busy! I'll try to pop on there sometime tonight!

Psx