A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: too many bytes for simple actions

hy to everyone.
    i'm doing a percentage preloader.i've looked at some examples from "flashkit movies" but the problem is that every one of them are having like 20-30 kb in the first frame where actualy is just a script.
    does anyone has some "optimized script" for avoiding this
    "blank screen" couse it's really annoing.you are doing a preloader but you shoul do a preloader for the preloader itself :L)

THANX

it sounds like you might be attaching a movie or sound to the file (to be loaded later)

flash will attach the necessary information to the first frame of the swf -- annoying, but true. your preloading is taking a while to load because it has to get past the first frame to work.

still wondering

I have the hole movie in the same scene.I'm doing this preloader very simple.The actions and the "loop" part in the first frames and then in keyframe five i have a photo.
    All goes nice only that when i'm testing, it would not start to play untill the preloader itself it's loaded. and that's about 24k.
    So .......I've done this. A short but effective animation wich i've inserted before the preloader.This is showing me 6k. Well that's another story. :L) Stoles your attention but let's the preloader to load.

thank you!