A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help. I need a good flash freelancer!

Hello:

This is an ideal project for a talented amateur who would like to have a very professional looking site to refer future clients to.

I had a designer building a flashsite for me (I'm a freelance photographer). He was very talented and he laid the framework for a truly beautiful flash site. Check it out at (ecclesine.com).

Unfortunately for me, he isn't able to finish the job. In fact I think he fell off the face of the earth (phone disconnected, haven't heard from him in months).

What I am looking for is someone who can go in and put the finishing strokes on the site. I need loading bars between sections, sound effects at the front of the site, and some rearrangement of my photos in various sections, and have it so that I get my mail when someone tries to contact me. All in all it's really not that much work.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay very much ($300). What I will do, however, is take down the name of my old designer and put up the name of my new one.

Any interested parties please contact me.

ecclesine@earthlink.net

Sent you an email; let me know if you received it, I am having problems with my SMTP server...

When do ya want it?

Let me know by when do you want this done?
    http://www.artdell.com

resolved

That addy, ecclesine.com did not come up for me. Perhaps your getting it updated. Anyone else able to view the previous work?

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by dinese
    That addy, ecclesine.com did not come up for me. Perhaps your getting it updated. Anyone else able to view the previous work?
    Yeah, dinese, I saw the content at http://www.ecclesine.com

and hahaharry, do you have the flas (Flash source files) which this awol designer produced? If not, it may be nigh on impossible to 'continue' with his work, and you'll be looking at a complete redo. Of course, making a setup similar to that would'nt be any problem, just take a little more time (therefore cash).

resolved ack

Thanks for the find....I think?

Easy site, hey if you do redo it, get that menu transparency thing fixed, I wanted it to darken when I touched it, was amazed it stayed hard to see. Nice photography!

Digital Pimp hard at work

The worlds a critic!

By now i imagine you have found your designer. Anyway i am still learning the skills you need and am not ready to take this on.

However....

The HTML needs some work! You have no Meta tags, keywords or description. The title is still index.html.. Do not over look these things!

You deffinately need some loading graphics and might i also suggest that on your intro page you look at the menu and the image behind it. It does mahke the thing hard to read. Your name and location need expanding, I can hardly read it and i'm not using 800 x 600.

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    i have been in contact with him. it seemed like an all go until i relized that he might not have the FLA files. so i emailed him on that 4 days ago and still no response.

Yeah I emailed him too, but didn't even get any response. Not even to say the position had been filled. Maybe it's an email problem.

resolved yeps

I emailed him too, perhaps the problem was not so much the developer, but in the communication values, or the communication values and the site owner. I hope for the best either way, nasty to be left hanging....(o;'~ ohhh and I hope the original designer is okay.....who knows, it may have not even been in his frame of control....never know....stuff happens....(o;'~

I guess get used to it, i see people posting jobs on message boards all the time for a few hundred dollars. Most are either scams or people get cold feet and stop responding to emails. Id say only about 5% are legit real jobs.

FK's Official Cricket Eater. ViperGeckoFreak's Avatar
    i got a phone number too call. dont know if it was his or not, but its a step farther than a few emails.

resolved .....never underestimate.......(o;'~

Good luck to you viper! (: