A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Font question

Lightbulb

All of the fonts on my system don't show up in Flash MX. Is there anyway to import a font into Flash? It is a type fon. Or if not possible can a fon font be converted to a type that Flash will recognize. And what types does Flash recognize?

I haven't dealt much with fonts until now. Any help is appriciated.

All fonts should be True Type Fonts (.TTF). Fonts with a FON extention is not (to my knowledge) recognized by flash mx, at least not on my system. I'm not sure how to import these fonts

My windows machine has no problem with adobe ps type 1 fonts (pfm, pfb) or truetype (ttf).

what format is fon? isn't that a fontographer file that needs to be exported or converted?

I've had troubles with getting my fonts on the PC to read on the mac... flash help says: "Not all fonts displayed in Flash can be exported with a movie. To verify that a font can be exported, use the View > Antialias Text command to preview the text; jagged type indicates that Flash does not recognize that font's outline and will not export the text.
    "

what is their system of determining which fonts are good?

I have several fonts on my machine that have a fon extention, and the icon is a red capital A.
    I guess they came with windows 98 SE. But they don't load when I use flash 5 or MX. I dont know why