A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adjusting Timing

Good program for the price! There's just one item I can't locate in the documentation -- how do you adjust the timing of each text section? How can I keep a text item on the screen for any length of time I choose? The answer is probably in the use of the Timeline, but I haven't found it yet. Please clue me in. Thanks.

Senior Member - never forgotten
    Hi..when you place text on a timeline AND WANT IT TO JUST STAY THERE AND DON'T MOVE...make sure your first frame has the blue mark in it by clicking on "0" in the timeline..you can go to the stage and move the text to where ever you want...if you don't want it to fade, squeez, wave etc....don't add any effects to it..but say you want it to fade out or something on keyframe 35...then click on 35 and choose fade out from the add effects tab..a blue line will be added to that frame making your text fade outAT FRAME 35(course you can't see it fade out till you test it by pressing that little white arrow on your menu bar..that plays only that particular scene..if you click on the black arrown it plays ALL your scenes.....you can move your mouse to the end of that blue line (if it is white, select it to make it blue) and your cursor turns into double lines...you can then click it and drag that blue line as far as you want and your image will be faded out during that time..But if you don't want your text to do anything..DON'T ADD ANY EFFECTS..Lordie..I hope I have helped you and not confused you more...lolo..

------------------