A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Off Line Video

Hybrid View

I've designed a large swf (and exe) for off-line viewing and have had some problems (possibly RAM related) when playing them on other computers (details of problem here http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=369173 )

Would it be a good idea to make it into AVI? What program can do this?

How can I put it onto Video Tape?

**CHEERS**
    Mousey

OK, heres the deal:
    1st. Preloaders do NOT work from a cd, flash automatic loads the file in RAM memory and then plays it.
    2nd. You can try to make sepparate movies, that will decrease the need of RAM memory, How you say? ok, make different movies (chop the big one in to little pieces) and export each one as a .swf and make the one before load the next one i usually name them 1 - 2 - 3 and so on its easy so the code would be something like this: "loadMovieNum("2.swf", 0);" notice that the level is 0 wich means that all other movies that were previously loaded are unloaded.
    If you need help doing that let me know, i can be more specific.
    3rd. when you stream a sound it makes the movie catch up with it, so if it has to drop frames it will do it, you may also try to make a different movie with your sound r song -whatever- and name it sound.swf and have your first movie load it on a level 2, but then if you try the previous point (no. 2) you would have to load movies in level 1 -no biggie just change the 0 and put a 1-
    4.If you want to export a .avi do this (in flash mx) Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S and then choose from the dialog box movie to avi, but then you will have another problem.... Wich codec would you use??? and more important is the person thats going to see your movie able to play with that codec??

I`ll leave up to here---let`s leave some fun for tomorrow--

ok... so that works here on my 350Mhz. I was expecting it to pause between loading the new swf but that was no problem at all. I won't get to test it on another computer for a couple of days but I guess I can expect that that will fix the problem.

What file will I have to include on the CD incase they don't have a Flash Player installed? Can I make an autorun file that will detect their Flash Player and prompt to install this file if they don't have one?

And Back to the video thing. I'll ditch the idea of AVI file because unless I lose a lot of quality the file is HUGE HUGE HUGE - wouldn't even fit on a CD. How can I get my movie onto Video Cassette? and/or DVD?

**CHEERS**
    Mousey

OK, im glad that worked, now. . you dont have to install anything, here`s how you do it.
    1st. you publish a movie (your first movie) as a .exe (flash player) and make it load the next swf and so on . . once you have created a flash movie that is inside a flash player (.exe) you dont need to install anything, it`s allready there ,and since you have it programed to load the next swf it WILL load it in that same player.
    Or you can just create a movie with the same size and color etc (With nothing on it just the codes to load your next swf on the first frame). . and publish as a .exe and have it load the 1st swf (is the same thing).

About the autorun a normal one will do the work.

I`ll give you one, just copy it in notepad and remember to name it autorun.

[autorun]
    open=movie.exe

Ok now about the avi, try it using a divx (mpeg4) codec and it will decrease your file size a LOT while you keep a high quality.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by mousey_jay

How can I get my movie onto Video Cassette? and/or DVD?

**CHEERS**
    Mousey
    Sorry didnt remember about this. .
    Ok, there are a lot of posts about this, however, to do a dvd you would have to export it as a mpeg2, now you cant do it from flash, but you can export it as a .avi and the open it on a video editing software that will export it as a mpeg2 i think premiere from adobe can do it, not sure about it, as for the VHS 1st you should have a video card with a video out plug to use your tv as a monitor and then just run the movie fullscreen and copy from your VHS as you normally would.

Good luck.