A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: *Sizing Pop Up Window from SWF*

Can someone tell me where i can fix the size of a popup window? I looked over some tutorials with javascript but since I want to apply to a swf file instead of a html file, i cannot just copy and paste the script.

What i want to do exactly is:

i have a main swf on level_0, then another swf file on level_1. on the level_1 swf file, there will be a button. and when you click on this button, it'll pop up an html file. i can do it with the "Get URL" function without problem. but my question is, how can i specify the size of the popup linked from a button on the swf?

Thank you so much!!!!

Claudia

this tut is really easy:

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ac...-708/index.php

there is also this-
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Dy...-748/index.php

also check out http://www.flash-DB.com an excellent resource - they even have a pop up script generator you can use

I have tried those scripts on my button's action, but when i published it, i had all kinds of errors:

Scene=Scene 1, Layer=b.direction, Frame=1: Line 2: String literal was not properly terminated
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('ShowPopup.php' ,'newWin','width=400,height=300,left=0,top=0,

Scene=Scene 1, Layer=b.direction, Frame=1: Line 3: ')' or ',' expected
    toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No,status=No,res izable=No,fullscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus();

Scene=Scene 1, Layer=b.direction, Frame=1: Line 4: ';' expected
    void(0);");

and where can i put in the URL which will be the popup link? sorry, i have no programming experience at all!

Thanks again!!

Senior Bumbler
    try my smartclip/component (see footer)

Thanks Wdglide for the smartclip! It works!

Only thing is since I'm using a Mac, there's no option as you said on your tutorial page: "basic>center>full" in "type" category under "Clip parameters". It works when I just type in "basic", or "center" or "full" (which doesn't really cover up the entire screen". What should I type in under "type" if I want it fill up the screen?

Thanks again.

Senior Bumbler
    you shouldn't have to be typing anything, the later versions have a user interface

I know nothing about macs. fullscreen is the correct thing to put there. i know there are some issues with macs and fullscreen popups. there are hundreds of threads discussing this.