dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic text different in Windows and Mac

i'm using php to access a database and return some values to a vertical dynamic text box in my flash movie. they return something like this:

etc....

the script is working fine but my problem is this; in windows everything looks correct, but when i view it on my Mac the vertical spacing of the textbox is different. and since i have the numbers in a pseudo-spreadsheet looking graph, it all gets messed up quickly as you look down the page. i've tried a 1000 things with the formatting in flash (mx) as well as formatting the text in php (hoping to force the mac to adhere to the same sizing as windows) but nothing seems to work. i've checked my settings on the Mac IE browser and nothing seems to be the culprit.
    any ideas as to why this is happening? thanks, dave

Originally posted by cassidy47
    i'm using php to access a database and return some values to a vertical dynamic text box in my flash movie. they return something like this:

etc....

the script is working fine but my problem is this; in windows everything looks correct, but when i view it on my Mac the vertical spacing of the textbox is different. and since i have the numbers in a pseudo-spreadsheet looking graph, it all gets messed up quickly as you look down the page. i've tried a 1000 things with the formatting in flash (mx) as well as formatting the text in php (hoping to force the mac to adhere to the same sizing as windows) but nothing seems to work. i've checked my settings on the Mac IE browser and nothing seems to be the culprit.
    any ideas as to why this is happening? thanks, dave
    Are you embedding the dynamic text block fonts? This is most likely the issue. You probably have the same font on both computers, but the build in leading is different in them.

Next to the Var: box is a box called character. click that and choose to embed all characters. It will up your file size a bit, but you will have font continuity cross-platform.

thank you. that works.

i'm not sure why i was thinking there was some kind of continuity in this web stuff!!