A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 2A Site XS-Engineering

Hybrid View

http://216.174.127.31/

Kinda cool, I like tghe car animations

TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne dvdvault's Avatar
    very '2A', basically, that means...its very slick, professional, and tight...the calibre of work is so very inspiring!!!

Is this a 'test-bed' site or has it gone live??

Cheers

i think its live

the site says they lanched on 9-12

i like the fast paced beats

where did u get the link from???

in there portfolio section

cool!!

Banned by GMF ™
    I honestly thought I had seen this before. But I was thinking of one of their other sites. Imagine that.

Look. I know the work is okay and detailed but PLEASE don't try and tell me that this is at all interesting.

Maybe now the 2A police will come out and spank me. I hope so. But their work is in a word, BORING.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, we have to pay the bills, BLAH BLAH BLAH. That's fine, but don't in the same breath expect me to think everything you do is note worthy.

cool site!, but nothin new from them.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    like it, although very 2a, they have taken their style up a notch, not much but enough to impress.

neato

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar

Ahem...

Go easy people. Its my first official 2A site.

Shane
    http://www.pixelranger.com

I think there is no way you can bag this site. I think that it is awsome, there is no doubt. They are very good at turing the traditional html looking site into something dynamic and alive. Keep up the good work, your style, although looking similar, is a winning one and keeps putting a step up on the previous. I like this a lot better than realitybid and the penguins one.

Thats enough talk for today...

PS: Top job Shane, I'm sure you have pleased the 2A folk and the client

Sucks to be 2A

Pixel Ranger its a nice site, I like it alot, and no matter what people say, the site no matter if it looks like "typical 2A" or "nothing differnt" just remember that each of them help bring home the bread. If I was part of a highend design firm thats all i would really care about, is making money and as long as you're doing that then who cares....

Its just like being a celebrity, not everyone is gonna like you but who cares you'rew still getting paid (and most of the time way more than most people)

so keep on keepin on....

Money thats all that matters....

usually...its pretty important

For whoever said 2A sites are boring.. I check cool sites usually at least once a day to see if there is anything new and inspiring.. the last time I remember seeing anything that really impressed me that was not 2A was a long time ago.

Plus, how "exciting" can you make a corporate site anyways? It isnt like a portfolio site or a design studio site, where you have 100% freedom.. I don't think I have ever seen many corporate sites that are truly "exciting" and groundbreaking.. nor have I seen many coporate that re as appealing as 2A's.

I think this site is top-notch, just like all 2A work.

Has some nice elements. PixelRanger, I really like the little menu option animations.. also the bar that appears under the top nav is very nicely done IMO.

Only thing I dont like is the background image at the top. Kind of clashes with the rest of the site to me.. but that is nit-picking..

Great work..

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    Originally posted by final_eternity
    Only thing I dont like is the background image at the top. Kind of clashes with the rest of the site to me.. but that is nit-picking..

Great work..
    Personally..in my style of work..I like to create little illusions of depth...that was really the only reason why the top looks like it does. It was the only way I could realy pull off the dimension of the cars and the lightning when you rollover the logo. I envisioned a diarama in my head. Remember those shoebox scenes we all made in like 3rd Grade. I wanted it to be like looking into a window.

If anyone cares to look, my favorite part of the site is the Team XS Cars section. I had fun tricking out those cars and color correcting things etc. cause those were all from crappy digital shots.

Shane

I still think it is distracting, but I kind of understand where you are coming from better now.. but like I said, that was just nit-picking.. everyone has personal tastes, but as for the overall design and content management, I can't say a bad thing.

I was wondering if you could explain to me why for this site, and most 2A sites it seems, you guys do primarily Flash/HTML hybrid instead of just Flash. I was just wondering if there was a theory behind it or if it was client requested.

Like I said before, great work IMO... of course, now you are going to have to get used to being smashed by some just because you are now "2A" ..

pixelranger..

top notch!!! how long did it take?? is there any content coming from a dBase or is it all static??

Sweet grfix... now that i have taken some time to have a proper look....the only thing i dont like is the very first 3D wireframe of their logo that makesa discreet entry and exit at load....small things..

Congrats!!

Banned by GMF ™
    No, not just because it was 2A. I honestly think it is boring. We are still allowed to disagree, I think. So cheers.

Re: Ahem...

Originally posted by pixelranger
    Go easy people. Its my first official 2A site.

Shane
    nice job, fully up to 2a standards shane, you're officially an asset

I have to agree with people here that want to see something 'different' but as a stand-alone site, as it will be for most people that see it, it's the business.

I love the first car that comes out in the header, swinging left and right, it looks like it's all swagger

i like it all excpet for the main sound loop. good job though, shane. nice and clean