dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 2A Site XS-Engineering

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    I too am curious how the red version looked. Can you post it somewhere? Also, I am curious - the work you do for 2A, does it end up in your portfolio as well as theirs?

Aka ozonew4m

very very nice

congratulations shane on a fantastic site...very well put together...looks like your settling in at 2advanced very well

what i would like to know is how do you target that subnav module on the left when its in a different html frame...thats orsam ive never seen that done before

very nice,typical 2advanced style site..

again nice work shane

I think he used a tool called LiveConnect to communicate with the swf on the left.

does Eric help u with the site at all??

Fly on you crazy diamond. gingerbreadgirl's Avatar
    Originally posted by optical
    I think he used a tool called LiveConnect to communicate with the swf on the left.
    Who makes this LiveConnect?

Passionate about 2A pixelranger's Avatar
    Originally posted by gingerbreadgirl
    Originally posted by optical
    Who makes this LiveConnect?
    Its just Javascripting. LiveConnect allows 2 movies to talk. It is built into most versions of IE. Netscape 4.7 and 7 but does not work on Netscape 6 or on the Mac. So you have to detect for it and dish up HTML if they have one of those browsers or OS.

As far as help, no Eric does not help really unless I need feedback or am struggling on something. Design and buildout for this site was all done by myself.

Shane
    http://www.pixelranger.com

Thanks for replying. I hadn't heard of LiveConnect until now. I guess I should look into this.

BTW- Fantastic site. Well done. You do top quality work.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Shane,

What about the alternate versions?
    Just out of curiosity -
    How much can you delve about the project?

Like:

+ What did they want, vs. what did you give them?
    + What was their budget with respects to time and $ ?
    + Will this also appear on PixelRanger.com ?
    + How did you get picked to do THIS site ?
    + How long did it take you, etc?

Originally posted by Eyenovation
    Shane,

What about the alternate versions?
    Just out of curiosity -
    How much can you delve about the project?

Like:

+ What did they want, vs. what did you give them?
    + What was their budget with respects to time and $ ?
    + Will this also appear on PixelRanger.com ?
    + How did you get picked to do THIS site ?
    + How long did it take you, etc?
    1) There is an HTML version of the site that works if you dont have the right setup.
    2) The site reflects the aspects they wanted combined with what I thought was cool and appropriate for them (based upon their demographics and my past experience with car sites)
    3) Sorry I we cannot discuss budget.
    4) It has been on pixelranger.com since it was listed on 2A
    5) I got picked because of my past history of designing the MazdaUSA.com site, and other work for Toyota and Lexus.
    6) Total time for the site was about 2 months and was split with 3 other projects of equal size that I was working on that will launch soon. Site took much longer than expected because the client was slow in getting us content.

Shane

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    1) There is an HTML version of the site that works if you dont have the right setup.

** I was actually referring to the red one you spoke highly of. I realize it sounds silly to ask, but its rare you get to pick the brain of a designer first hand regarding his work.

2) The site reflects the aspects they wanted combined with what I thought was cool and appropriate for them (based upon their demographics and my past experience with car sites)

** Does 2A perform or supply the demographic studies, usually - or do most of your clients come prepared with a target market in mind.

** I figured that, but perhaps you could give indiciation if this is a small, medium, or large undertaking for 2A in terms of manpower, development time, and back end integration.

** My apologies. I should have checked your site before asking.

5) I got picked because of my past history of designing the MazdaUSA.com site, and other work for Toyota and Lexus.

** Are the projects at 2A sort of up for the artists that want to do them? Meaning, does Tony say "We have this project to complete... Are any of you interested in heading it up," type of thing?

6) Total time for the site was about 2 months and was split with 3 other projects of equal size that I was working on that will launch soon. Site took much longer than expected because the client was slow in getting us content.

** Don't I know the frustration in that. Excellent work by the way.

Chris
    Eyenovation Multimedia

s
    Originally posted by Eyenovation

** I was actually referring to the red one you spoke highly of. I realize it sounds silly to ask, but its rare you get to pick the brain of a designer first hand regarding his work.

** Does 2A perform or supply the demographic studies, usually - or do most of your clients come prepared with a target market in mind.

** I figured that, but perhaps you could give indiciation if this is a small, medium, or large undertaking for 2A in terms of manpower, development time, and back end integration.

** My apologies. I should have checked your site before asking.

** Are the projects at 2A sort of up for the artists that want to do them? Meaning, does Tony say "We have this project to complete... Are any of you interested in heading it up," type of thing?

** Don't I know the frustration in that. Excellent work by the way.

Chris
    Eyenovation Multimedia

1) No one will see the red version..unless I include it as a screenshot once it is fully intergrated into my portfolio section and not just the homepage.

2) The client provides the information. There are some things we can discern like browser statistics and such, but unless we have first hand experience in a certain area (like I did with cars and knowing the ins and outs of the industry) is up to the client to tell us initially what they feel is important.

3) Small Undertaking. There was only three people really involved in the project. Myself, the Project Manager, the developer who created the content management tools. I did the design, flash, html and javascripting with tiny amounts of help here and there from the CTO and Eric. The only thing I did not build was the backedn content management that is used in 75% of the site which allows them to change all content and graphics across the site. But..I had to build out the GUI for all of those pages..and then pass them off for the appropriate coding.

4) projects are based upon the strengths, weakness and availability of all of the designers and who fits best where at that given time. Since I have experience in cars...i have been the car ***** lately. Look for some new car related stuff launching soon that I also handled.

Ok..time for more work..and then bed.

Shane

Do you people sleep?

I get about 4-5 hours a night.

There is no sleep for the wicked.

Shane

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    When your at home, do you work in PRanger stuff, or 2A?
    Are you still considered a 'freelancer' or are you strictly 2A's ?

(I dont mean anything negative), but you know -

Pixelranger: You are my hero hehe

Eyeno, are you hitting on Pixel??
    [Edited by gingerbreadgirl on 09-19-2002 at 03:58 AM]

Sleep When Your Dead :)
    after looking thru his portfolio I would hit on him too.

And I'll sleep when i'm dead

In regards to the site.

Once again it put a smile on my face.

Clean.

Visually impressive.

Everything you would expect from the crew at 2A.

Once again. Well done guys.

tarzan.....

Originally posted by lady bring
    Do you realize that some of us are confident enough to not have to swing our nuts out for the 16 year olds at flashkit?
    I dont know about you but i like swinging my nuts.

Shane quit swinging your nuts so much! Did you use photoshop to create those backgrounds. Where is the launch button located in Dreamweaver?

You really upset lady bring....we should all go home.

d.a
    http://www.douglasarthur.com

wow.....must have missed that post by lady.

Swinging nuts.

hmmmmmmmmm

Yep that is exactly why i come here. To free ball my work for all the kids.

Rather uncalled for don't you think lady?