A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Close window

Hi still new to this but learning quite fast I have a swf movie on the index page of my website which when finished playing opens a full screen window to display my swish made website.

Is it possible to get this the second window/movie to close the first window?

and just another quicky is there a way to make a popup window stay on the top untill closed?

Thanx all
    Bazza

Originally posted by Tecnobaz
    Hi still new to this but learning quite fast I have a swf movie on the index page of my website which when finished playing opens a full screen window to display my swish made website.

Is it possible to get this the second window/movie to close the first window?

and just another quicky is there a way to make a popup window stay on the top untill closed?

Thanx all
    Bazza
    Hi,
    On the first question I am not sure, but the 2.nd question you can use this java script:

window.open('http://www.yoursite.com','yourname','width=300,height=300 ,resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,top='+((screen.availH eight/2)-(300/2))+',left='+((screen.availWidth/2)-(300/2))+'');void(0);

Not trying to upset you Brynolf or any other members here but the java script you mention I am already using its a top notch popup window center code but does nothing to keep the window on the top.
    Anybody else?

window.open('http://www.yoursite.com','yourname','width=300,height=300 ,resizable=yes,scrollbars=no,top='+((screen.availH eight/2)-(300/2))+',left='+((screen.availWidth/2)-(300/2))+'');void(0);

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tecnobaz
    [B]Not trying to upset you Brynolf or any other members here but the java script you mention I am already using its a top notch popup window center code but does nothing to keep the window on the top.

I am not sure what you mean with "keep on the top untill closed". here is another script. Is that what you mean?

newwin = window.open("yourpage.html","WindowName","fullscre en=1, scrollbars=0");newwin.resizeTo(400,400);newwin.mov eTo(((screen.width-400)/2),((screen.height-400)/2))